Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 02-15-2011, 02:05 AM   #1
William H. Collier
Montana Master

M.O.C. #798
Norcold Recall Failure

Back in Oct. we had the recall completed (they installed a new high temp. limit switch). On Sunday the fridge quit, showed fault code F1 oP, open high temp limit switch. Had a tech out yesterday and he determined the kit they installed was a failure. He contacted Norcold and they had him gather a bunch of info, voltage readings ect. and even the make and model of my inverter. Based on what he said it appears that Norcold in having problems with their recall kit. The tech guy said he has had kits on order for some time and Norcold told him they shipped 6 last Thrusday. We will be living out of a cooler until the parts arrive.
Bill

William H. Collier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:28 PM   #2
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
We had ours done in November and so far no problems. As with everything else that is manufactured there are defective units. Norcold is pretty good about handling issues like this.
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:21 AM   #3
Sinterior
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9238
Not to steal the thread Bill, but some info.
I was told a few weeks ago by an "RV tech" the kits were on back order and may be months before I could get mine done. However my neighbor in the park here had his done at the park here a couple of weeks ago.
To make a long story short, last Thursday I called the mobile RV repair he used, and he was here just this past Tuesday and installed the kit.
Sinterior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:49 AM   #4
William H. Collier
Montana Master

M.O.C. #798
The little black control box for the new temp switch went bad on mine. Tech received 6 new kits on Tuesday and replaced box on Wed. morning. No charge for parts and the tech guy charged me 40 bucks for the two service calls. Very satisfied and it is working fine again.
Bill
William H. Collier is offline   Reply With Quote