Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 02-25-2008, 11:55 AM   #1
xxlpapa

M.O.C. #8230
decals

Hello to everybody,
First of all let me thank everybody for this great web site.
Second now is my question.
Has anybody had to replace there decals on there trailer?
We have a 2002 315rls travel trailer that the front, driver side and rear decals are peeling off, passenger side is just now starting. And YES we have a cover on it, but I think it was when we stored it in Lake Havasu for a year that it really tore it up. Even with it covered the sunny side is the worse. I've purchased some of the stripes on e-bay but I need the Montana Logo and the Mountians Logos. If anybody knows where i can get these please let me know. I've called Keystone and they said I can't purchase from them that I have to go through a dealer. My closes dealer is Mike Thompson and I refuse to ever go there again(I wouldn't even let them pull the handle on my black tank). We purchased this new at thompson with the full warranty but they said decals aren't covered. So please help me.

Thank You Steve

xxlpapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 12:07 PM   #2
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Hi Steve, look on the homepage for the MOC (www.montanaowners.com) and our *wonderful* webmaster has the name and a link to the company that actually makes the decals. I think you can contact them and order directly from them. The homepage has all sorts of wonderful information on it when you need replacement parts etc.....

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 12:15 PM   #3
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
This might be a longshot,but e-mail pheonix Graphics, They make all types of grapics for autos,etc: they might be able to help you.P.S. I know I spelled it wrong. I think????
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 01:39 PM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Well you can order through any dealer but you may have trouble with graphics that old as they changed graphic vendors. I recall that while we were at our dealer some time ago we asked them to look up the graphics for I think a 2004 Montana and they said said they were no longer available.. It will not hurt to ask a dealer to check for you.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 01:44 PM   #5
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
You don't have to buy/order from the dealer you bought your unit from.

Just a random thought.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 02:52 PM   #6
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49

Our 2002 Montana also needs new decals. About 4 years ago we contacted the factory and tried to buy some and they wouldn't sell to us. So we tried to get them under warranty and they told us to go through a dealer. Our area dealer said they weren't covered under warranty nor could they get them for us.

So we decided that we'll go thru the manufacturer of the decals and buy a whole new set from them. We know the 2002 graphics aren't available any more and that's okay with us. The newer graphics are much nicer in appearance and color.

The decals seem wear out real fast. If you saw our rig you'd be shocked at how the decals have faded and curled. We are trying to get as much mileage out of them as possible but we are getting a little embarrassed by them now so I think we'll be trying to replace them this year.
D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 04:01 PM   #7
Tincup703
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6385
We didn't like the stock Montana graphics and had custom vinyl graphics made by RV Stripes and Graphics (www.rvsg.com). They are almost 3 times the thickness of the graphics that came on our unit.

The cost for design and having the graphics made was a little over $1100 including shipping. We installed them in about 4-5 hours. Yes it was a bit pricy but far better than the $10K I was quoted for full body paint and graphics. Besides I agree with RVSG's motto..."life is too short to drive ugly"!
Tincup703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 04:11 AM   #8
xxlpapa

M.O.C. #8230
Thank you to everybody, I'm going to call the one graphic company on the web site and see if they can help. If not then I'll try to find another dealer to help me.
Thanks Again
Steve
xxlpapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 07:51 AM   #9
awaywego
Montana Master

M.O.C. #40
I replaced the front graphic on my 2001 last Sept. I had my local dealer order it from the factory. No problem.
They need the vin number and they need to know if it is the side, which side.
awaywego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 03:42 PM   #10
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Take them off and GO NAKED!!
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 04:16 PM   #11
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Steve, Doug Henry replaced his recently. You might PM him for info. Our front ones are peeling also and our unit isn't as old as yours or Margee's.
Happy trails.......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 12:55 AM   #12
Tincup703
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6385
A funny story about Going Naked...

right after we had removed all the graphics from our unit, we took a short trip to Myrtle Beach SC for a few days of golf. I must have had 25-30 people asking me if our camper was some sort of "prototype". It got to the point of people actually knocking on the door.

I finally made a small sign and taped it to the door that read "it's a Montana"! That seemed to satisfy everyones curiosity.
Tincup703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 03:06 AM   #13
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We have seen several 5th wheels in our travels over the last 2 years that where "plain white wrappers" Tell you the truth we did not care for the look. The graphics give the camper character. Of course peeling and bad looking graphics also tell a story.. Our graphics are holding up well no problems at all yet.The worst that has happened to them is road dings.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 09:48 AM   #14
Thunderman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #920
I needed the Montana decal which goes on the nose. Called Keystone and they said go through the dealer. Called the dealer and inquired about the decals and were they under warranty. The dealer was quick to point out they would not be under warranty. The 2955 is a 2003 purchased in Feb. 2004. Next day dealer called and said they were available, not under warranty and cost would be around 29.00 for the large Montana and 79.00 for the graphic below it. They even gave ne the part numbers. I then called Keystone back explained my problem, and stated I would take care of installation. They requested pictures....okay I sent the pictures via email.
I was then told they could not replace them at no charge because the decal appeared to be loose due to pressure washing and not adhesive failure. I responded that the decals / trailer had never been washed at a car wash or had I used a pressure washer and the decal was curling due to the heat from the sun. Next day, they sent an email stating they would replace the decal as a matter of goodwill. It was appreciated.
Thunderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 01:53 PM   #15
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
Hopefully my front decal will have a little better longevity this time around. After returning from a month long maiden voyage it is in the shop for a new front cap decal. The decal started cracking and peeling at the top edge. The rig is only 6-7 months old from the factory. The naked thing may be an option at some point. I wonder if Keystone could find a better quality vinyl decal? Just thinking out loud.
JB
Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 04:46 AM   #16
Grrowlerr
Established Member

M.O.C. #6887
Our Montana is 1 year old, it has been in the shop since mid December waiting for parts from other warranty stuff. We went out to order some slide toppers since the trailer was there, we figured might as well get it all done before bringing it home. We went out to measure the slides and noticed several of the decals are peeling. Went back inside and talked to service about getting them replaced, he said our 1 year warranty was over 3 days ago. They told us they would see what they could do, but we have not heard back yet. If they don't replace them at no cost, we will be complaining to Keystone. We are going back out today to talk to the dealer, will post more with what we find out. Not too happy that in less than a year the decals are peeling, never had this problem with previous trailers. No pressure washing has been done, in fact, other than just spraying it off with a hose, all other cleaning was done by the dealer....
Grrowlerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:40 PM   #17
Grrowlerr
Established Member

M.O.C. #6887
Just an update, the dealer said they would cover the decals even if Keystone didn't. Tried to pick up trailer today, but now have issues with the newly installed slide toppers, but that is another post!
Grrowlerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 01:12 AM   #18
Wiarton William
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7790
I noticed yesterday....that my front decals are starting to peel..The trailer isnt even 8 months old and I have never had it on the road yet....will call Keystone and see what they say...It sure looks ratty with the condition of the decal.... I can see that being a real problem at resale or trade in time...its an eyesore that practically means nothing but in reality destroys the appearance of a fine unit..
Wiarton William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 07:49 AM   #19
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
Don & Joyce,
Since you have an 08 it is probably still under warranty. I would just call the dealer or another dealer and have them do it under warranty. Probably no need to call Keystone on your part.
The dealer replaced mine under warranty.
JB
Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 09:15 AM   #20
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
I intentionally do not look at mine because I don't want to raise my blood pressure. My 2005 unit had this problem and I am sure my 2007 unit will have this problem. I plan to wait until October and do a thorough inspection just before the 1 year runs out.
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote