Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 11-29-2006, 08:18 AM   #21
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Steve - You're right on the vac. In the 3400, they put it in the center island behind the sink - sort of.

That would be a cool upgrade (icemaker), but not sure I can justify the bucks. Too bad there isn't an alternative approach, as the icemaker kit itself is only $100 that includes everything you need except the refrigerated space to put it in.

Now the question - if you run the pink stuff through the ice maker to winterize, will it freeze the antifreeze in the tray when you turn it on next spring???? hahahaha

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:38 AM   #22
Steve and Brenda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6364
Pink ice cubes???? This South Texan is lucky enough to avoid those tepmeratures to worry about pinking the system although we might get sleet tonight - tomorrow's gonna be a snow day!!!
Steve and Brenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:45 AM   #23
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
We are getting clobbered right now. Unfortunately when we hastily unloaded our Monty to sell it, I buried the snowblower in the garage behind all the stuff!! I'm going to have to rearrange - or break out the old fashioned shovel
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 02:08 PM   #24
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Your not alone Brad, snowing and blowing here too, don't think I'll have to shovel though, were not supposed to get get more than 3 inches. The wind chill is so low it's painfull.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 10:18 AM   #25
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
Lonnie: 3 inches of snow -- by 10 AM it will be gone and the ground out there so dry you'll never know you got the moisture (or at least that is how I remember my youth in Albuquerque). I remember waking up on school days, having to wear a coat and coming home at lunch with coat and shirt over the arm (if we even remembered the coat) because it had gotten so warm already. But then again, memory is such a frail thing some days .
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 10:20 AM   #26
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
Pink Ice Cubes -- definitely not in my freezer; I'm lucky if it keeps frozen stuff frozen much less freeze anything. Got one of those infra-red thermometers and check it frequently and seems I go to -5 if I'm real lucky. So antifreeze better not freeze or else we are in big trouble!!
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote