Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2005, 02:28 PM   #1
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Two Rivers Campground, Nashville, TN

We arrived in Nashville this afternoon and are enjoying the free WiFi at this campground. Can't wait to check out the Camping World next door. There are at least two Montanas and one Mountaineer in the park so we'll have to check out those folks and see if they're aware of the forum.

jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 02:49 PM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Been there, done that...

And don't forget the Montana dealer next door.

A great Campground, Free WiFi, A Montana Dealer, Camping World, Bass Pro Shop AND The Grand Old Opry. Kinda what heaven must be like.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 03:23 PM   #3
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Hi, our trailer is near you, (at Texas-T down the road) but we are here in Ontario looking forward to the coldest night of the fall. We noticed Two Rivers when we were campground hunting in the area, I'll mark in our TL Directory as "MOC Approved". Thanks for the tip.

By the way, Texas-T is great little "no-frills" campground for a quick overnight stop, just off I-65, a bit south of Nashville. Full services and long pull through sites for a reasonable rate.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 04:55 PM   #4
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
How far south of Nashville is Texas-T, Ont Mont? I know that there is a park on I65 farther south, beyond Franklin but that's too far from our grandson in Brentwood. There's also I24 RV Park that we need to check out as a closer location to Brentwood. We usually stay at Seven Points Corp of Engineering campground but it closes at the end of October. It's a great place to camp on the lake.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:25 AM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by OntMont

Hi, our trailer is near you, (at Texas-T down the road) but we are here in Ontario looking forward to the coldest night of the fall. We noticed Two Rivers when we were campground hunting in the area, I'll mark in our TL Directory as "MOC Approved". Thanks for the tip.

By the way, Texas-T is great little "no-frills" campground for a quick overnight stop, just off I-65, a bit south of Nashville. Full services and long pull through sites for a reasonable rate.

John and Donna,
Just a single warning about Two Rivers. Be sure to tell them when you make your reservation and again when checking in that you want a site "away from the fence that separates Two Rivers from the Grayline bus barn" If not you will be listening to the buses diesels and or back up alarms ALL night long. The Grayline mechanics work all night servicing the buses for the next day.
The noisiest are sites 98 thru 118 and 501 to 516. The 200, 300 & 400 are the best sites with no noise. The first time we stayed at Two Rivers we were in site 101 and it was the pits. This year we were in 404 and loved it.
Of course 404 is directly across from the Monty dealer so I was able to check out all the new rigs at my leisure.
Two Rivers Site Map

Also in the evening be sure to check out the live entertainment behind the office. Most every night they will have some country star wannabie playing and the best part it is FREE. Some were excellant and some were.... well you'll see.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 01:09 AM   #6
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Glenn, we took your advice about requesting a site away from the bus terminal and they gave us 309. It is quiet. We appreciate your hint and we're looking forward to checking out Camping World this morning.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:59 AM   #7
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jrgwdenner

How far south of Nashville is Texas-T, Ont Mont? We usually stay at Seven Points Corp of Engineering campground but it closes at the end of October. It's a great place to camp on the lake.
Thanks for the site specific tips Glen.
Texas-T is at I-65 exit 27, seems to me it was about an hour's drive from Nashville. It is a decent enough park, but more of a stop-over than a destination.

Seven Points is another we considered, but TL Directory lists the sites as only 15 wide x 30 feet long, so we thought it would be too small for our 3670. Is there more room than is listed? We generally like CoE parks.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 03:03 AM   #8
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Judy, that is one of our favorite campgrounds. We love to go to the Opryland Hotel for lunch and we are good friends of the Grand Ole Oprey. I'll bet they have already started to decorate for Christmas. Enjoy yourselves.

Helen and Bill
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 04:36 AM   #9
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Ont Mont, the sites at Seven Points are very generous. We'll be there again in June for a week. The measurements must have been for the driveway as this is an open, wooded campground. I've often thought that they could have added some sites and still it wouldn't be crowded. I've never seen a crowded COE campground and that's one reason they're among our favorite. Love the half price for older folks, too.

You're right, Helen, they've already got the garlands up on the fence around the Opryland Hotel. Don't know what they've done inside, but that's really something to see when it's up and operating.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:38 PM   #10
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
John is the Texas T campground on Hiway 41 in Goodlettsville. If it is you can take exit 40 off 24 over to Dickerson Pike then So. a couple miles. We have stayed there. It is 1/4 mile from my brother.
Cages Bend is another Corps Park & is a good park near Hendersonville.
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 03:29 PM   #11
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
fJohn I had seior moment. The campground I was speaking of is No of Nashville. We have stayed at Two Rivers several times also. Hope to see you in a Month or so.
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote