Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2005, 11:57 PM   #1
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
North East CG reviews

Glenn and Lorraine Provided this link below. It is more comprehensive than the limited site I listed below.

Thanks Glenn, I've visited this site years ago but I lost all my bookmarks when the HD crashed.

http://campgroundreviews.com/

Here are independent campground reviews for the northeast. Written by people who have camped at a particular facility.

It is more common to complain on the net, than it is to give high fives.

http://www.thatscamping.com/

Old 11-09-2005, 12:41 AM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Written by people who have camped at a particular facility.
Were they?? Or were they written by the campgrounds worst enemy or best friend??

Please on all these type review sites take what you read as questionable. ESPECIALLY those that are emphatic about their opinions whether good or bad. We have no idea who is at the end of any of these reviews. Being from the northeast I have been to a few of the listed campgrounds and in most cases I agree with some strangers opinion but in far too many cases I totally disagree. I would NEVER make a decision to stay or not stay at a particular campground based on such reviews.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 11:50 PM   #3
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
Glenn I agree with you. Here's an example.

I had made plans to visit a CG with another family. they have a popup. We use to camp together years and years ago back in the tenting/popup days. When I contacted them with our plans. They went to the site mentioned above. They read A/some negative review(s) and declined.

I rebutted that the facility had over 150 sites and you are basing your decision on no more than a few negative reviews. Well thats all it took for them.
We changed our plans and never camped there, nor with them this past year.

They are also the type to stay at state parks due to costs. I'm not sure where their cutoff is on price but I'm thinking $25/night is tops. So this may of played into the equation.

The positive reviews are important also. You can't please all of the people all of the time. Although, a facility that can be consistant, please most of the time is a winner.

The only way for this to happen, is by getting people to write, expand their site reviews for all to read. If you happen to see a MOC'er post on their site you know the validity of the poster.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:37 AM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
About the only exception I see is where there are numerous reviews for one particular campground.

Here's an example from RV Park Reviews for Pigeon Forge Tenn....

Scroll down to King's Holly Haven RV Park and Riveredge RV Park

King's Holly Haven Ratings (1=poor 10=excellent): 9, 9, 9, 8, 9, 9, 9, 7, 5, 9, 9, 5, 9

Riveredge RV Ratings (1=poor 10=excellent): 10, 8, 10, 8, 8, 10, 10, 10, 1, 9, 7, 6, 7

With those kind of consistently high ratings I would have no problem making reservations at either one and I did. In the case of King's and Riveredge I have stayed at both and highly recommend both and if I did these Review type things I would give both a 9
BUT if the campgroung only has 1 or 2 reviews I pretty much ignore it and take my chances.

BTW- Of the Park Review type sites, I feel RV Park Reviews to be the best.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 06:38 AM   #5
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We have stayed at campgrounds we loved and the guy next to us is griping up a storm about how bad the campground is. Some people will always see the bad in anything and if they can't see it immediately, they will keep looking until they find it. I asked one guy if there were any campgrounds (they were fulltimers) they liked. Answer was NO. Just goes to show you you can't please all the people all the time.
Happy trails....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 07:54 AM   #6
FredG
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1309
You are right...We've come across a few people that never find a good word to say about anything. Personally, I've found very few campgrounds that I absolutely hate. In fact, there are quite a few campgrounds that I would highly recommend. Most of the time, the campgrounds that we dislike are more because of layout (hard to maneuver the truck and trailer) or pet restrictions.

My biggest peeve is when we call ahead to make sure our dogs will be ok only to arrive and get told that they don't allow big dogs. That has happened to us several times.

Fred
FredG is offline   Reply With Quote