Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2011, 08:55 AM   #21
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
I have never cleaned mine outside, just after I read this mine blew the braker when it was really hot out, reset and after a few min again. so I though to clean, when it cooled down it was ok. now not cleaned yet, HOT and started blowing again, when I reset I noticed the breaker and box were very hot to touch, not burning wire or anything. pulled out the braker box and the area it was closed in was hot left the box out on the shelf in the toilet room and a fan in the washer room blowing up the vent in the roof it have run all day just fine. So Iam lead to think the closer is to hot I was thinking of puting a vent in the wall buy the stairs to help let out the heat and if needed buy a temp fan to regulate the air flow. what do you think, do I have difrent problem?

Bob

Bob & Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:34 AM   #22
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Bob, the A/C was pulling max amps, could be a loose wire in the panel, or the A/C does need cleaning and is over-amping. Circulation does help carry away the heat, but probably a thousand trailers like yours are running without the fan, so I would look at a loose wire...or wires in the box, or see if the A/C does need cleaning. If a guy had an amp meter, he could check the amp draw on the A/C, that would tell the story. Good luck.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:19 AM   #23
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
Thanks Ozz, I was planing on cleaningafter reading the first post and now have the box out will check all the conections, thought it was strange never a problem in 4 years.

Bob
Bob & Lee is offline   Reply With Quote