Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2008, 03:07 PM   #1
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Chocorua Village Campground, NH

Well,
Starting Thursday, June 26, 2008, we will be at the
Chocorua Village Campground
in Chocorua, New Hampshire.

If you are in the area, drop in and say hello. Seems there is a lots to do so we may be out and about, but give a holler at 409-771-6508 and see what we are up to.

I'll report on the CG when we get set up and see what it is about.

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:56 AM   #2
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Arrived Thursday. CG is very large with some sites having a lot of space and some not having as much as I would like. If I had opted for a back-in I think I would have had more room. There are several "premium" sites that overlook the lake and have a wooden deck, lawn furniture, and provided propane grill. I did not wish to spend the extra $12 a night 'cause I'm cheap.

Maneuvering through the CG was with the help of a guide who pointed out some slanting trees over the roadway. The pull through that we are in is a little short and the F350 is parked perpendicular to the front end to make it fit. I guess I could have moved, but besides being cheap, I'm lazy

All of the roads and sites are dirt. With the rain that we have had, it makes for some muddy areas. There is a tenting site just below us, and it is flooded with water up to the knees. Those who have camped here before pulled up and moved out. The unsuspecting have some flooded tents.

WiFi is $2 a day or $8 something a week. I have AT&T modem so don't need it. As mentioned in another thread, there is a very nice (large) dog run area, fenced in, with cyclone fencing and cyclone cages, about 6 of them, for those who want dogie day care. The only thing that I saw that I would correct is a cover for the top of the cages to keep the sun and other weather out. I heard that doggie day care is $3.50 for first hour and then drops for subsequent hours. I never checked as we leave Miya in the Hanna when we go off for a few hours. But the idea of having someplace and someone to watch over her is nice for those longer excursions.

There is a beach area for people (no pets) and there is a dog walk over a walking bridge that will take you and the pooch to a place dogies can swim. Miya and a Golden Retreiver named Riley, had a ball playing together in the water,

There is a play ground for the kids, and there is entertainment in the evenings for the Adults - singing, movies, etc.

I'd give it a 3 star only because of the condition of the roadways and campsites.

I sure do like those Southern Cement Pads to pull the 5er onto.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote