Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2008, 10:28 AM   #1
Craig A
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6228
Who supplies Swivel/Rocker/Recliners

Well it finally happened. The chair I had been babying because the footrest was "sprung" when I got it finally broke. The metal mechanizm that controls the footrest broke at a rivet. Any idea if these are Flexsteel furniture? If not, who makes it? I've written customer service at Keystone to find out, but someone on this forum has probably already experienced similar issue.

Craig A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 11:58 AM   #2
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
I'm pretty sure they are Flexsteel. I couldn't find a dealer either. I would try Google.
DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 02:52 PM   #3
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
my sugestion is open the door and throw out both recliners , then put in truck and go to dumpster,,, now go fast to downtown and but 2 chairs you like , put on master card and take them home to your unit , now that was easy john
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 04:06 PM   #4
hazmic
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4962
I think they are made by a company by the name of FLAIR INDUSTRY'S and made in Elkhart area. This is who made ours and they are nothing to be proud of. I do agree with Sailer said. Throw them out and buy something better.
hazmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:06 PM   #5
jretz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6321
Had the same problem, footrest braces sprung and finally the handle broke and would not stay closed. Remedy was to buy 2 smaller euro style recliners with footrests. Lighter, easier to move. We did not want to mess with the heavy, not well constructed original recliners anymore.
jretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 03:59 AM   #6
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
We pitched our recliners the day after we bought the trailer, tried to give them away but no takers. we have a euro chair but are not to happy with it, going to lazyboy..
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:03 AM   #7
illapah
Montana Master

M.O.C. #666
My wife wants the Ijoy massage chair. Every time we go to a store that has one on display she spends at least 15 minutes in it.

BTW, to get back on topic,look at this site to get addresses:

http://rvaccessories.net/list2.cfm
illapah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 05:14 AM   #8
wingerphil
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6570
our's are from Flair in Elkhart as well. We had one break (wood frame seperated from mechanism) and then 6 months later the mechanism broke so they replaced the whole chair. All of this was w/i our warranty period, probably just buy from Lazy Boy or similiar if/when we have to replace them.
wingerphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:15 PM   #9
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
The week we got our new Big Sky home we brought the RV recliners in the house and put our brand new Lazy Boys in the rig. We had to actually use the RV recliners in the house for a couple weeks before we left. To put it mildly THEY SUCK!! If you have a bad back it will get worse, it is a constant fight to keep them reclined. There isn't any adjustment on them to help them stay back like on the LBs. They weigh a ton and as soon as we get back to the stick house they go bye bye. Either to Goodwill or the dumpster. The LBs are lighter and easier to move around the rig. I think we made a good choice... Dave and Betsy
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:35 PM   #10
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
One of mine broke a wood support that the spring was mounted to. The guy at Goodwill said he could fix it. Off to Goodwill it went. I am using the second one, but something is not right. It doesn't move smoothly, which leads me to think it is probably going to make the trip to Goodwill soon. We will replace with a Lazy Boy Wall hugger. The only bad part is they don't rock or swivel, but will probably last a life time. I hear leather is in this year.......
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 02:21 PM   #11
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
We just went to an RV show in Austin Texas this past weekend. I actually sat in a comfortable chair in a RV manufactured by Master Craft Inc. The material was so much better than our recliners.
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:01 PM   #12
bigrockbruce
Established Member

M.O.C. #4292
I have tried to tell my husband since we bought our RV in 2005 that we could consider a new recliner in a few years. He has hated ours mostly because recliners are suppose to be comfortable and the cheap one that came with our rig was heavy, hard to move around and definately not comfortable. Bruce just retired 3 weeks ago and we are getting ready to leave on Monday for our first long trip. Last week I bought him his retirement chair, a Pinnacle by Lazy Boy and he loves it. The burgany leather goes great with our color scheme and the size is perfect. It is a wall hugger and glides beautifully away from the window to a reclining position without having to move the chair a dozen times to find the right spot. Another good reason to think about a Lazy Boy is the fact that the back section comes completely apart so it is easy get it in the RV and set it up.
So much for waiting a few years. The old chair went to our son and he was happy to get a free recliner. Good luck if you try to fix your broken chairs but I would definately look into getting a Lazy Boy.
bigrockbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 09:11 AM   #13
bigbob7777
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3701
Send a message via AIM to bigbob7777
The problem I have in my 3500rl is that when the slides come in, I only have 33.5" available for the chairs. I've measured the couch (to swap places with the chairs), but it is 35" wide. So the problem is in finding a decent chair that will fit in this confined space. Any ideas?

bob
bigbob7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:42 AM   #14
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
Master Craft is in Shipshe right on hwy 5. They do pretty well at building decent furniture. They also sale directly out of their factory. At least they use to.
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:25 AM   #15
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Buying a Lazy Boy at a Lazy Boy showroom store gets you a lifetime warranty... Dave and Betsy
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:01 PM   #16
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
We also tired of the poor quality recliners that came with our 06 3400RK. Visited the LazyBoy store and was quoted $900 for the leather wall hugger recliner. (don't recall the name of the model but it was very comfortable and relatively light) Went to Nebraska Furniture Mart and bought the exact same chair for $599. They then discounted them to $555 because we were buying two. Should be here in 6 weeks. My only concern is NFM doesn't have the best reputation for always getting special orders correct.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:19 AM   #17
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
We replaced ours with two of the samaller LazyBoy recliner/rocker and had them add the swivel so that Bill could look out the back window... Cost was under $800 for the pair a few years ago and they are much easier for me to push back when traveling.. The original chairs were much to heavy and hurt my back to move.
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote