Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 12-13-2007, 10:10 AM   #1
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
Galley Tank Size

I can't seem to find how many gallons the galley tank holds for the 2008 Montana 2955RL. Can someone please post that info for me. Thanks for your help.
JB

Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 10:23 AM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
38 Galley, 38 Gray, 38 Black
http://www.keystone-montana.com/?page=specs

The Specs say 76 Gray but in actuality the 76 is split between the Gray and the Galley.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:16 AM   #3
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Glenn, are the Galley and Gray actually split into two separate tanks for the 76 gallons? We went camping and the galley was showing almost full and I wasn't able to comprehend that other than grandkids at the kitchen sink all the time! Dennis
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:42 AM   #4
JH Sechelt
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4976
Dennis,

Most Monties have separate Tanks, one 38 gallon for Grey water, one 38 gallon for the Galley. Each tank also has it's own Dump valve
the galley tanks are mostly over the trailer wheels, with pull handle between the wheels up in the frame. As for the Gages........ Take with a pinch of salt.

J&D
JH Sechelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:01 PM   #5
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
While at the factory, each tank used for black, grey and galley came from one pile of black-colored 38 gallon tanks. The fresh-water tank was white.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:12 PM   #6
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Ditto those last two posts!!! EXACTLY!!

Indicators are a joke, hear us all roar!!

3 tanks, one for black, two for the other, one commonly called gray (shower and bath sink), and Galley (kitchen)

Have you found the 3rd tank pull handle. Near axels, somewhere in a line with your kitchen???
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:43 PM   #7
awaywego
Montana Master

M.O.C. #40
I installed another dump valve on the main line near the cap. leave this closed and open the other two GRAY valves (not the black) and you get 76 gallons storage.
awaywego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:35 PM   #8
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
I did find all the valves to release. I just ignorantly did not know the gally had it's own tank. I should have if it had it's own release. Duh!. Dennis
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:45 PM   #9
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Hey, you know how many people don't realize there is a 3rd handle to pull, and don't know for quite a while?? (ask Glenn of Glenn and Lorraine, , sorry Glenn!)At least you had pulled yours!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 03:46 PM   #10
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Geez no wonder I have a fuller grey tank in the shower. I normally wash dishes in a tub in the kitchen and then pour out the excess soap and rinse water on the grass. I don't want the food particles from cooking in my tanks. I have had a back up in the shower(not draining).Now I understand why that is happening. I guess we will pretend we are dry camping when we shower.

Thanks for the tank information.
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 06:43 PM   #11
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Driftwoodgal - I am confused about your post. How is the backup in the shower related to your galley tank? It isn't. If you are having problems with the shower tank filling up too quickly, put some original Dawn liquid soap in the drain, then fill up with hot water and let sit for a day or two. Then, drain. Should release any particles sticking to the sides of the tank.

For reference, we fill up our shower tank in 2 days with 2 showers per day because we like long showers. I regularly leave the drain valve open until 1 day before I want to empty the black tank. I also, when we move, put about 5 gallons of water with a little Dawn down the drain of the shower and use the movement of the 5er to agitate the water and soap mixture to release the gunkies.

As others have posted, I also, occasionally, put ice down the black tank.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 03:42 AM   #12
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
snfexpress,

We aren't having problems with the shower grey tank. Since I don't wash alot of my dishes in the sink most of my galley water gets dumped outside. All of the shower water goes into the grey tank, thus he has to dump it more often. I too like my showers so he is pulling that little handle more often

I haven't used the ice in the tanks yet, but do put Borax in all of the tanks before we leave. We haven't had any smell since we stopped using the CW packets.

Colleen
Old 12-14-2007, 05:03 PM   #13
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
If you are where you do not have a sewer connection and one of the gray tanks fills up more quickly than the other (the shower tank, for us), you can buy yourself an extra day or two before dumping by getting one of those clip on slide valves from Camping World. They're about $20 and just clip on, just like your sewer hose connection does. Put it where the sewer hose connects. Close that valve and open both gray tank valves. Now the tanks will share capacity. Plus you have the additional capacity of the dump pipes.

Hamrad gave me this tip a few years ago and it works great.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 10:52 AM   #14
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Steve,

Thanks for the information. We have avoided some state parks that don't have full hookups. I just hate using the showers and bathrooms in the parks, much rather use my own. We will be boon docking this next year on a friends ranch. Will have access to water, but not sewer or electricity. This will really help out.

Colleen