Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-18-2019, 07:15 PM   #1
Nighthawk
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #10340
Sumo Springs

We have a 2007 3400RL which we love and intend to keep for a while as I have made many improvements and enhancements to it since 2009 when we purchased it used. Last year we bought a new 2018 GMC Sierra 3500 HD to pull our trailer, an upgrade from our 2007 Sierra 2500 HD, which was a bit too little to stop the trailer. It pulled it fine, but it was a bit too much for that truck.

When I drop out trailer onto our truck, the bed drops about 1 3/4"; really not much. But now my headlights are aimed too high for oncoming traffic, and that bothers me. I thought about installing air bags with on-board air to lift the back of the truck up so it was "level" with the trailer connected anddiscussed this with my mechanic.

He said, "Get Sumo Springs instead." They are cheaper, and do a better job than air bags and need no maintenance. I've researched them on the internet and am thinking about them for the truck. I might even consider them for the trailer.

I know many of you have air bags on your truck, but do any of you have the Sumo Springs installed on your truck and/or trailer?