Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-12-2015, 03:56 PM   #1
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
If I may ask Dick, why are you replacing them? Assuming they have gone west and you have been supplied with new ones. They are most likely IC's or Integrated Circuits and you are fortunate they were not soldered directly to the circuit board as some are.
There are tools for removing IC's but you must be careful you do not damage traces under the "chip" or IC. The tool I use is like needle nose pliers but has a wide jaw that grips a good portion of the IC on both sides, needle nose pliers grip only a small amount of the IC.

If they are not intended to be reused then it really does not matter but take care in installing the new ones and make sure they are in the correct way or much damage will be done. There is usually an identifying mark on the IC to indicate pin (1) so take note of where that is when you pull the old ones.

Pretty fragile stuff so be as gentle as possible.

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote