Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-14-2007, 10:23 AM   #1
W7PSK
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6833
Newby Hello

Gday members and thanks for allowing me in.

We dont own a 5th yet, but we are looking. Wiffy fell in love with the 3400rl (and I think its peachy too, but I lean A, But I think I know who will win). Anyway we are both 52ish (53 in a month for me) and still slaving away dreaming of that day 8 years from now. We are just part timers, dont think we will FULL time but prolly Snow Bird it. We live in Everett Washington just north of Seattle and have as you see a 28ft Keystone Springdale trailer. We got it 2 years ago stepping up from a Popup. Wife says she still loves our TT but I feel squishy in it already (I sure SEEEMED Big back then) but she does love a nice 5th.

We belong to the Golden Campers Good Sam Club and love going out with the people. Its a mixed bag of TTs, 5vers and MHs.

Hopefully you guys will tolerate my dumb questions .... BTW my favorite Montana is the one with the Bedroom in the back and the 2 couches and Entertainment in the front.

but the 3400rl is winning the race ...

Anyway thanks again for letting me visit

W7PSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 10:41 AM   #2
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Welcome aboard Rick, no dumb questions here. The 3400 is the best seller so you picked a good unit.

So you live in the "convergence zone". My wife an I both born in Seattle with kids in Bellingham, Olympia and Spanaway, we now live on the other side of the big hill in Ephrata.

Again, welcome aboard!!!
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 10:48 AM   #3
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Welcome, You have come to the right place. This is a great forum for obtaining information. I wish I had known about it before we purchased our first Montana. It sure helped us make the right choice with our second Montana. The Montana is a great unit and I have not had any problem with either one. However if I should have a problem I will be able to find out the fix on this forum.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 10:50 AM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome aboard, Rick. As Dick said, there are no dumb questions here. If there were, I'd be king of dumb. That's the way we all learned and continue to learn. So jump right in with your questions.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 12:24 PM   #5
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Welcome aboard Rick! As you can see we had a soft spot for the 3400 as well. All the same reasons - thought our first tent trailer was as far as I would ever go in the RV line. NOT

Jump right in with any questions you have - great bunch of knowledgeable and seasoned folks here!
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 12:31 PM   #6
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Welcome to the MOCly Crew. You have come to the right place to learn a lot about Montana 5ers. The 3400RL is the most popular Monty so they say, but we have a 3650RK. There is something to satisfy everyone.

Look forward to talking to you down the road.

DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 12:49 PM   #7
txkrumm
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5920
Welcome aboard Rick! You have found the right place for information regarding the Montana line!

Happy to say, I have the front living floor plan you said is your favorite. They discontinued this model in 2006. My husband and I love it! We live in it full time for now while I am finishing school. This floorplan offers a nice, big bedroom and big comfy shower.

I know where there is a front living for sale...Broome101 is selling his! Do a recent search, he had it listed in the classified adds here on the MOC. Its a dandy...

Good luck,
tara
txkrumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 01:24 PM   #8
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Welcome to the Forum. I think you will enjoy the site. Just jump in with questions or comments. Since you are not new to the world of RVs, you will probably have experiences and insights to share with others.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 02:02 PM   #9
GlobalDouglas
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6376
Glad you've joined Rick! Remember: 1) there are no dumb questions (except the one that was never asked); 2) the 3400 is very popular but I'm sure you will find the right one at the right time; and 3) this is very much a show, tell and ask site so jump right in!!!
GlobalDouglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 02:48 PM   #10
wa4bmg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #592
Hi Rick and welcome to the group. This group is a great place to learn and share experiences. We have made many good friends here. Even though we don't currently own a Montana we have a great affinity for Montana's. What ham bands do you work. We are full timers now but still work in telecommunications. Take cre and welcome. The 3400 is an excellent choice and very good high quuality product. Best of 73's
wa4bmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 03:57 PM   #11
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Welcome aboard Rick. This is a good place to find out the good, bad and the ugly (not too ugly). Be careful as this forum is addicting. There are quite a few Washington people on the forum and several have the 3400. (us included) We were from Samish Island previously and return there every summer. Take your time and find what you both want.
Travel safe.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 04:44 PM   #12
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Welcome Rick. As you can see by our signature, we have the 3400 and love it. This is a great forum with tons and tons of great people. We have a lot of fun at the rallys so consider joining us at one. BTW where are you from originally. There is a Rick Scott in my distant family.
Happy trails..........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 05:25 PM   #13
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Welcome Rick,
I am sure you will find the MOC as a great learning tool. Be sure to ask any and all questions, someone here will probably know the answer...
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 12:59 AM   #14
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Rick, Thanks for taking the time to post and tell us a little about yourselves. We always appreciate new members jumping in with their posts whether an intro, comments, or questions. Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 02:22 AM   #15
W7PSK
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6833
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Parrothead

BTW where are you from originally. There is a Rick Scott in my distant family.
Happy trails..........................
Well I was Born in Ritzville, and raised in Spokane. My Dad born in Idaho and his dad Missouri

My Moms family hails from Kentucky but moved to Wenatchee in the 1910s sometime.

Im into Genealogy except I think my line is the never to be talked about line. I cant find any one searching it
Old 02-15-2007, 04:53 AM   #16
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Thanks for your reply Rick. No connection as I'm looking for Kansas Scott's. Keep hunting on your family. I have a couple of lines it has been really hard to find but have a few of them down. There is a Genealogy section here on the forum and one of our member is really into it.
Happy trails........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:57 AM   #17
W7PSK
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6833
Oh they are from Kansas Too.

My Grand Father John Webb Scott was borne in Lycne Kanas but there farm was 3 miles across the border. His Dad Was Thomas Marion Scott who was married to Mary Matilda Webb (who married a Lear after TM died), he was born in Missouri to Samuel Scott, who was hung in Scott County in 1859 for being Pro Slavery.

But I cant connect to that for sure, and cant find anyone in that line.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:24 AM   #18
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Welcome to MOC. This is the right place to learn about Montanas and share experiences.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 05:43 AM   #19
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
Rick, sure glad you decided to join us. Since I am one of the new guys, rving less than 2 years, I can alwaysuse some good advice from you pros. We have lots of great people on this foum who will be happy to answer your Montana questions.

barb and bob
rrheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 02:44 PM   #20
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Rick, we used to live in NE Kansas. I don't know of a Lycne, KS. Do you suppose that could be La Cygne, KS? It is 6 or 8 miles from the Missouri border.

Hung, huh? Quite a family you have there!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote