Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2006, 07:33 PM   #21
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
We physically moved into our Montana and became "full timers" on April 21st 2006 even though our house was still on the Market. We just turned everything over to our Realtor and did all our buss. by phone and fax. (house is now sold).
We love our new life. Since we are still on the "learning curve" I would have to say on a scale of 1-10, it would be about an 8.5 so far. Our current plan is to be full timing at least for the next 10 years, God willing.
So......
Full timing - approx. 3 months
Scale - 8.5
How long? - 10 yrs.

Joy

melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 03:36 AM   #22
crandallbradley
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5044
Six years although I don't move.Just don't want the work of a stick house or the expense of an apartment.Now that I'm bringing my new 319BHD tomarrow I'm thinking of a one ton diesel.
crandallbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:25 AM   #23
Wagonmaster
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3754
I don't know if are considered full timers yet as we are still trying to sell the stone house. But we have comitted our selves to that life style as long as health permits, Hopefully we can hit the road full time in the very near future.. Jack & Janet
Wagonmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:52 AM   #24
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
For us it's been 39 months, starting March 21, 2003. Our agreement is when either of us says "I'm done doing this" then we both stop, get a stick home, probably a condo, and then probably do trips from there. I originally thought by the two-year point we would either be bored with the travel or we would have run out of things to see and do. Instead, our list of things we want to see and do continues to get longer rather than shorter. And now we're even talking about someday wanting to repeat some of our adventures. We're now thinking another three years. But who knows. It could be more. Or less.

We're having the adventure of our life, truly enjoying what we're doing. Just like in a stick home there are negatives. But there are so many positives I have no regrets whatsoever about doing this. As for a rating, as someone else said, some days are a 3 and some are a 10. That's not much different than our lives in a stick home, for that matter. For me, the 10's are far more frequent than the 3's because of all the wonderful places we've been fortunate to visit and all the wonderful people we have met, both through this forum and also just by being neighbors in an RV Park.

Mac, yes, we initially had those concerns but we figured out that fulltiming is no more than a series of trips. There's just no stick home inbetween. And we found we adapted to living in 360 square feet instead of 2200 just fine. Whether you fulltime, part time, or most time, it's a great lifestyle.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 12:57 PM   #25
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Wagonmaster

I don't know if are considered full timers yet as we are still trying to sell the stone house. But we have comitted our selfs to that life style as long as health permits, Hopefully we can hit the road full time in the very near future.. Jack & Janet
one question...are ya livin in your 3255 full time?? If so you are "full timers"
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:32 PM   #26
SKOOBDO
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5293
I've been full-timing since selling my home this April. So far, I'll rate it a 10! I plan on full-timing indefinetly. To my surprise, I haven't missed my stick house and all that goes along with it at all. One happy camper here! Allison
SKOOBDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 02:40 PM   #27
tennisdg
Established Member

M.O.C. #5058
were heading into our third year in our 34 monty
tennisdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 07:10 AM   #28
hodag
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #150
just short of 1 year for us.would rate full timing very close to 10. sorry but we don't have the montana anymore. do have the tacoma tires though, as they were rated for the 3400#. now have a fleetwood ax6 front living room 36'. so far so good. i still like to check this site when i can get on at the local library. did meet dave and kelly anderson in benson, az. this march. met them at the 1st. rally in indiana. hi to all the other montana friends. hodag
hodag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 07:35 AM   #29
jpf
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3393
Just over 9 months for us, started Sept.15 2005. We're moving slow and staying places longer. There's so much to see outside California....
jpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:50 AM   #30
FulltimeFollies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5656
Feb 1982 began our life on wheels. Whats not to like? On a scale of 1-10, we rate it a 12. We will quit fulltiming, one at a time, unless we get lucky at the same place and time. The Lord is our sheppard and lights the road, and he will determine when the time is right.
FulltimeFollies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 06:10 PM   #31
therebnme
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4092
It's great to hear how much everyone is loving fulltiming. We will begin our journey on Sept.1st. Will definitely be at the fall rally. Looking forward to hearing the wonderful stories you must all have.
therebnme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 09:57 PM   #32
wa4bmg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #592
We have been fulltiming for the most part since April 2004 but we sold the the stick house this year. We live full time at the Elite Resorts in Salt Springs, Fl, but do take trips on an occaional basis. We will be doing more in the the near future. I still work but I am fortunate to be able able to work from the rig. I do contract engineering for the telephone company and thanks to my high sped air card, we can be very mobile. We go on site surveys and just take our "house" with us. After 20 plus years of hotels, the RV life style is tremendous. We spend a lot of time outside and we too have cut our living expenses. We recently upgraded the truck so we feel confident to go just about anywhere. On a scale of 1-10 we would rate the lifestyle as a 10. Statistic say the numbers of fultimers is growing expondentially each year. We won't be worrying about hurricanes as much this year. Our hurricane plan calls for a 3x5 box of index cards with information on campgrounds we can go to if necessary. We don't have to worry about the house, pool, etc as we did in the past. Just some thoughts
wa4bmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 05:08 AM   #33
Gene Chaltry
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #735
It is 16 months on the 11th. We love every minute of it. Saw lots of this wonderful country and plan on seeing a lot more. Hope the good Lord lets us continue with good health.
Gene Chaltry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 05:26 AM   #34
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Don't know if you want to add us to the list or not, Glenn. We will be FT July 19, 2006.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:28 PM   #35
Retread
Established Member

M.O.C. #4969
John and I only started early March of this year and so far it is a 10! We don't miss the mowing, or weed-pulling, or cleaning, etc.
We've visited our daughter and her family for 5 weeks recently and this is the first time we were together for Mother's & Father's Day in 15 years so it has been a real treat! We are doing family things this summer and are now enroute to Boothbay, Maine for a few weeks then back to our home state of Pa. for John's mom's 85th birthday party; then back to our daughter's in Cleveland, Ohio. She cried when we left and wanted us to come back, sooooooooooooo..............

Next spring the plan is to start moving westward and going up the west cost somewhere and then into the badlands. Details are up to my husband. So far he has done great planning our routes & campgrounds.
We've had a few "duh" moments also but that is part of the game.

Louise
Retread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 11:50 AM   #36
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
We have been fulltiming for 2 years now and just love it. We definitely rate it a 10 and have no idea when we will stop. We just love the freedom we have and travelling around seeing this great country.
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 04:33 PM   #37
gkbutler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4049
Send a message via MSN to gkbutler Send a message via Yahoo to gkbutler
Dave, you are one of us, in 11 days you start the greatest vacation you have ever been on!!!!!!!!!!! This is the greatest lifestyle anyone could ever imagine.
gkbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 05:00 PM   #38
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Thanks, Gary!

We are really getting excited at this point. I asked Cheryl today if she was starting to get excited yet. She said it still all feels like a dream, yet. She said she kind of feels numb.

The journey to this point in our life seemed like an impossible "pipe dream" a few months ago. Everything that could go wrong, did. Everyone around us was telling us that we couldn't do "this", and "that" was impossible. I think that this experience that Cheryl went through (including the perceived intense stress that she felt her husband was going through), makes it difficult to believe it really happened.

Maybe the best way to explain would be to give the example of someone being told continously "NO! NO! NO!!!" for 12 straight months on your dream of a lifetime, then all of a sudden, out of nowhere, out of the haze, there is the "Prize" sitting right in front of you and someone says, "OK, you can have it." The disbelief is EXTREMELY hard to overcome in that situation. That's what she's going through right now.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 04:29 AM   #39
gkbutler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4049
Send a message via MSN to gkbutler Send a message via Yahoo to gkbutler
You're welcome Dave,

This type of lifestyle really is living a dream. We left the keys and garage door openers on the island in the kitchen and locked the door on the 14th of October of 2005. We've never looked back!!

A dream is a wonderful thing and to see your dream come to fruition is the greatest feeling in the world. Thanks for sharing it with all of us!!
gkbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 05:52 AM   #40
Montana_4791
Established Member

M.O.C. #4791
Phil and I have been fulltiming since August 1997, we love the lifestyle and would rate it a 10+!!! I honestly do not see us living in a stick house again. If something happens to one of us the other will "carry on", hopefully that is a long time in the future.
Wendi and Phil
2006 3295RK
Montana_4791 is offline   Reply With Quote