Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > THE TRADING POST A MOC MARKET PLACE > Trailers, Tow Vehicles & RV related items for Sale
Click Here to Login

Old 01-20-2014, 02:05 PM   #1
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
2007 Montana 3400RL - SOLD

*** The truck is sold but the Montana is still available. It has been moved to a consignment facility and is currently priced at $29,998 (but would take considerably less). Email me using the envelope icon above this post and I'll give you contact info. The price is negotiable. ***

After nearly 11 years seeing this country in our Montanas we have decided it's time to settle down. This is not driven by health issues or anything like that. It's just time.

We plan to sell both our 2007 Montana 3400RL and our 2007 Ram 3500 MegaCab diesel. We're asking $30,000 for each, or $55,000 for both. We'd prefer to sell them together but would sell separately. We would need to sell the truck first. Both the truck and the fifthwheel are in Southern California.

Please contact me by email. You can click the envelope icon above this post if you do not already have my email address. I don't always get emails telling me I have a Private Message, so please don't PM me. Email preferred.

2007 Keystone Montana 3400RL (small boo-boo on rear corner - see pictures)
- four slides
- High gloss exterior
- Arctic Insulation package
- 10 Gal. gas/elec water heater (gas/elec)
- 8 cf refrigerator (gas/elec)
- lots of extras including water hoses, sewer hoses, 50A and 30A cords, BAL between-wheel chocks, regular chocks, two scissor stabilizer jacks, many various electrical adapters, water connectors and quick connects, and on and on.

Exterior
----------
- Upgraded 7K axles with self-adjusting brakes
- Greasable shackle bolts from Dexter
- Upgraded Goodyear G614 load range G tires (5)
- Additional attached scissor jacks for additional stability
- 30/50amp Surge Guard Voltage Regulator (~$700 new)
- adjustable water regulator
- Rain covers for all opening ceiling vents
- Patio Awning (manual)
- Window awnings over door-side windows (2)
- Rear window pull-down shade (exterior)
- Slide toppers (worn condition)
- Decals on nose and front half of fithwheel are newly replaced. Remaining decals, some are starting to peel. Have replacements from Keystone but have not applied them.
- One landing gear replaced and one rebuilt, both in Dec 2012
- Six Eliminator Stabilizers (Camping World's JT Stabilizer equivalents)

Interior
---------
- Non-Smokers/no pets
- Venetian Gold interior
- Two A/C units (heat strip on bedroom unit)
- Upgraded adjustable 360-degree ceiling AC vents (eliminates hot/cold spots)
- 32" flatscreen TV in living room
- 22" flatscreen TV in bedroom
- new (June 2013) 4X (1/4 time) microwave/convection oven (twice as fast as the half time oven)
- front loading HE washer (new June 2012) and dryer stack - these are apartment-size units with larger capacity than standard RV units
- Fantastic fan/vent with rain sensor
- Central Vacuum
- cedar lined front closet
- wardrobe
- Queen bed with newer (purchased April 2013) Sealey PosturePedic pillowtop mattress
- Upgraded porcelain toilet
- Residential sofa sleeper
- Lazy Boy Rocker/Recliner
- Ceiling fan in living room
- Day/Night shades

Other
-------
- Tailgator (Dish) satellite dish and VP211k receiver available ($$)
- Whole house water filter
- many extras (hoses, quick connects, blocks, chocks, spare parts, etc)...
- Will consider delivery, if reasonable distance if still have the truck.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:20 PM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Times change, needs change and people change so I understand completely Steve. I hope one of these years to be able to do what you have already accomplished. The ironic thing that I noticed is your small boo-boo repair looks exactly like a repair that I have on our boat!! White duct tape that I replace every year intending to do the proper repairs! Hope you keep up with the MOC since you have always been a valuable contributor. Good luck in your new life's path!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:35 AM   #3
DonandJudy_12
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3206
Sorry to see you leave us fulltimers- You will be missed- However, you can continue to participate here on the best forum out there- GOD SPEED-JMHO- Don
DonandJudy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:32 AM   #4
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Steve, we will miss your inputs to the forum. Your friendship to me has been great. Your responses to my posts have been much appreciated.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:43 PM   #5
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
Steve Have enjoyed talking with you on here. Keep in touch, were is settling down mean. Which State and town?
randye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:46 PM   #6
Drifty1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9441
Steve,Steve,Steve....... I hope you hang around this forum as you have been a great help giving me advice on my 02 3295RK.. I hope we an make a run through the Midwest and stop by and check on you two, just In case you are having Montana withdrawals.. We hope you have a great time on your new adventure....
Old 01-23-2014, 03:59 PM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks to all for the nice words. I'll most likely be on here now and then, as long as they'll have me.

Randye, the new home is in Oceanside, CA. About 17 miles from our youngest son and family.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:35 PM   #8
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Awesome, Steve. This is the most comprehensive description and pictures of sale material I have ever seen, but I'm not surprised how thorough you were. It matches your thoroughness from your years of helpful topics and posts. You have been one of the most insightful, informative, patient forum members I've experienced in any forum so I'm hoping you find plenty of time to continue perusing and commenting in the MOC. I can't imagine ANYONE kicking you out!

You picked a beautiful town for your new homestead. I can almost hear you say, "We're not in Kansas anymore", not that this hasn't been applicable for some time during your full-timing.

Welcome to California!
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 03:52 AM   #9
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
Good luck Steve on the next adventure in your life. Oceanside, ah the Marine base town that I remember. The only time I was ever there, that was just a few years ago. Thanks for all the info you have passed on and as everyone says, please stay in touch. They let me stick around so I know for sure they will you.

Dave
Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 02:23 PM   #10
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Steve with a MOC # of 20 you had better not be dropping off this Forum! You are my long lost twin brother and it took me this number of years to find you and I don't want to loose you again!You also have to much knowledge and experience about MOC and the units to leave us! Our best to you and Vicki and we hope your S & B will be all you want!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:14 PM   #11
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

Yes by all means hang around here and continue the wonderful input that you’ve contributed over the past several years. Things do change and we hate to see them sometimes but there are times when we must make changes.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:46 AM   #12
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
Steve for over 11 years I have enjoyed your quality and informative post's.

I would like to wish you and your wife good health and happiness in the next chapter of your life

Ken and Ginny Deiss
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:39 AM   #13
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Ditto what everyone else has been saying, Steve! It has been an absolute pleasure meeting you and Vicki on numerous occasions and working with you thru out the years. Perhaps some day, Gail and I will be cruising around that corner of the country and, well......you never know what may happen. Or, if you two every get back here and you need a place to stay, we have the room. Better yet, Gail and I have a 2014 Starcraft 229TB hybrid travel trailer you can use if you get the bug! It isn't a Montana but, it's heated and air conditioned. Take good care of each other!
MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 02:13 PM   #14
Hooker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7915
A suggestion, when you edit something, please tell us what you edited. You have a very long post and it's impossible to read and recall everything...then notice a minor change made while editing.
Hooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:41 AM   #15
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Hi

This is a curiosity question.

Are those the original graphics?

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:16 PM   #16
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Phil, the nose graphics and everything between nose and door plus the same distance back on the opposite side were replaced professionally in May 2012. At that time the rest of the graphics were fine. Back when Keystone still had replacements available they sent me a full set. The remaining new graphics, for the rest of the Montana, are in a box in the Montana. Some of the graphics not replaced earlier now do need replacing but those replacements are in that box. So the answer to your question is partially yes and partially no.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:43 AM   #17
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Thanks for answering my question.

Your graphics lasted 5 years.

Mine lasted 7 months and the replacements lasted less than that.

I would guess that indicates the change in quality from your year of manufacturer to mine.

Thanks again.

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:03 PM   #18
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
I have enjoyed Steve and Vicki's Postcards From The Edge. When they started then Vicki said "I hope I don't bore you to death". No you didn't bore me to death. I have enjoyed each and every one from, ain't he cute Steve your children the little darlings grandchildren hearing about your school friends the friends you made along the way and of course all the places you have been. Thank you for sharing your journey.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 06:58 AM   #19
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Lynwood, Vicki appreciated your very nice comments, as did I. She is the inspiration and the talent behind those postcards. My role is to put them out on the website. Thanks again for the nice words.

Phil, you are very welcome. The replacements we had put on back in 2012 are still looking like new.

The Montana is at a consignment place in LaMesa, CA (San Diego) and currently priced at 29,998, but that's negotiable, if anyone is interested. It's been a really good one with a lot of upgrades including 7k axles. I think it would be a good rig for someone. I just wish we could keep it but it's not possible for us to keep it and have a stick home, too.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:53 PM   #20
mainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10761
So glad that you sold it, great news!

mainer is offline   Reply With Quote