Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-07-2007, 09:49 AM   #1
Sherri48
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7532
Send a message via Yahoo to Sherri48
About time I said Hello...

Hi everyone.
I've been lurking in the bushes, trying to absorb the wealth of information on here....and to be honest, a little nervous about posting anything (until today). I know nothing, other than the little I've learned in the 3 weeks we used our unit this past summer.

I'm Sherri and DH is Larry.

In 2000, due to a car accident, and 2 major back surgeries, I had to leave my job as a Registered Nurse working in Detroit Michigan. Larry developed some serious, diabetes related cardiac problems a little over 2 years ago and was forced into an early retirement. We live out in the country about 15-20 minutes outside of Windsor Ontario Canada.
We have 2 married children and lots of grandchildren and a couple of great grandchildren. Our son, daughter in law and family enjoy camping, but daughter, son in law and family enjoy "camping" at the Holiday Inn.

Due to DH's ongoing declining health issues, including 4 heart surgeries over the past 2 and a half years, we found ourselves no longer being able to do the popup routine. If we wanted to continue camping, and have things easier, we had to get a 5er and bigger truck. We got our "new to us" 2004 Ford 350 PSTD dually in June, and our 2007 Mountaineer 336RLT in July but were only able to get out camping for 3 weeks. We have plans to go camping from April to October next year, and are tossing around the idea of getting a seasonal site near home. This our first 5er, and although a huge beast compared to the popups, I must say it is a most welcome change and we both love it.

My observation is that this is one great big, happy, close-knit family here, and that is truly very nice to see. Everyone seems more than willing to help each other out, no matter what the problem.
I am a moderator over on Rv.Net, and for the most part I see the same thing there...everyone trying to help in whatever capacity they can.
I don't have much to offer in the way of "help", because I don't have the knowledge that all of you have. but I can offer my friendship, and hope some day to have the honor of meeting many of you.

Sherri

Sherri48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:54 AM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Welcome to the MOC family.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:56 AM   #3
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Sherri,
Welcome to the posting side of the forum. Remember that kind words, support, items of interest, gentle ribbing and even occasional prayer (if so inclined) can be considered valuable contributions. The thing I love about this forum is not only is it a knowledgable site for technical information, but an enjoyable site because of the great people here. As I matter of fact, this is the only forum that I have ever posted on (I do lurk at RV.net occasionally). The only fault that I can find, and it is my doing is that I have only managed to meet about three forum members personally, I assure you that will change since we are firmly committed to attending at least two rallies next year.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:35 AM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
You will fit right in. No one here knows anything either. Some are pretty good guessers though. Then there is always that a blind hog can find an acorn now and then. Welcome to Montana Land and all the fantasy that goes with it.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:47 AM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Welcome. I am also a member over on Rv net with the same user name.I agree that is is a different but godd forum. This and Rv net are the only Rv forums we belong to and post on.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:52 AM   #6
deadeye
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6693
Welcome aboard. We all had to start at one time. We learn from experiences that we have had, sometimes they are good and sometimes they go another way. We hope all of yours go the right way for you and your family. Join in on anything you want to comment on or ask a question about. If we don't know the answer, we will try and get you directed in the right direction....JB
deadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:27 AM   #7
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Welcome to the posting side of this great forum. We are not great mechanically so we can not contribute much along those lines but we absorb all we see here and use it all the time. We will continue posting "socially" and receiving "mechanically." I am even getting better mechanically from what I have read here. Carol no longer calls me "The Master of Disaster" (at least not quite as much as she once did) - Jim
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:52 AM   #8
Sherri48
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7532
Thank you everyone so much for the warm welcome.

I'm still figuring out how this posting works, but I'm catching on.

I was on here a while back, before the log-in was required. We were thinking about a 5er then, but at the time we couldn't afford the truck to pull it, so we kept our other truck and got a new Jayco 14SO popup.
But....those popup days, as good as they were, are now pages in our cherished memory book of life. The time has come to move on and make new memories. With Larry's numerous health issues, his days left on this earth are literally numbered, so we're making the most and best of whatever time we have left together.

Rich...I've seen you over there, and Dusty too. Maybe a few more from here, but I haven't learned all the names yet.

Bingo...prayers are my "specialty".

Stiles..."Then there is always that a blind hog can find an acorn now and then"....that's what I feel like. "Blind" to all this 5er business. But I'm sure with time, I'll gather some acorns and learn at least enough to get by on.

boylanag/Jim...if repairs were left to me, that's what I'd be called...Master of Disaster. Being Larry is/was a tool & die maker he is the one who takes care of the mechanical things. Put a screw driver in my hand and I'd likely try to hammer with it

How do you guys keep up with Ozz and his mods ...or did y'all give up tryin'

I do have a question but I'll post in the General Discussion forum.

Thank you again everyone...hugs

Sherri
Old 11-07-2007, 12:12 PM   #9
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Sherri,

I can tell you are going to fit right in, here.

Welcome to the MOC Family.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 12:20 PM   #10
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Sherri,

Welcome to the world of posting. We are new to any type of trailer life. Because of health issues I can't camp in anything other that what I call "Princess Camping". I have to have a good bed where ever I stay, thus the RV is perfect for us.

Bob, DH, never posts on a message board, and has no desire to. I pull him over to the computer and say "you need to read this."

Speaking of Ozz, they were in our area recently and we got to see all of his improvements. I was telling Bob....did you see that. He just nodded his head and said yes. We won't be keeping up with any of his improvements except maybe the surge guard. I wish we had more time with Jim and Sue, so the importance of some things like the surge guard etc could have been discussed.

I have asked so many important questions ( to me they were important) and this team has answered everyone of them. In fact I have taken information from this forum to the dealership and educated them.

Hope to see you posting often as I love having another newbie posting along with me.

PS...... I sign all of my emails.....with the closing

Hugs,
Colleen

Hugs are free.
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:28 PM   #11
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Sherri
Try to get to one of the many rallies we have coming up. If you do, you will meet some of the greatest people in the world. On the subject of Oz, no we don't try to keep up with him, who could? We just revere him.
Happy trails...................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:52 PM   #12
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Sherri like you I am also fairly new to posting. I gave up and just started. this is a great site for info and fine people. I just want ozzs autograth. lol. bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 04:15 AM   #13
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Welcome Sherri! My DW is a nurse as well and about to retire from a 29 year career at the end of this month. Due to our hectic lifestyles, the past 6 years, Maureen and I have kept a seasonal site at Clear Lake and have enjoyed that type of camping to the fullest!!! Great to hear that the two of you are making the most and best of whatever time you have left. We ALL need to remember our days are numbered even if health issues aren't as obvious as Larry's. Keep us posted!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:36 AM   #14
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Send a message via AIM to noneck
So...question for you. Are you the primary driver of the truck and 5er? If so, wow! You go girl...well if you say you are...Then its a go ask, my RN DW to take the wheel!!!
noneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:00 PM   #15
Sherri48
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7532
Hi there to all I haven't responded to before.
So nice of all of you to offer such a warm, friendly welcome.

noneck...
Yes I do drive the truck, a whole lot more than Larry does, and I love every minute of it. When we got it, I blindfolded him, put a pen in his hand, held his hand on the dotted line and said "sign your name here"
As for the 5er, as I said, we only got to use it once in August. We went to a local campground for 3 weeks. Larry towed it from the dealership to the campground and I towed it back to the dealership from the campground. I don't know why I was so afraid, because there's really nothing to it. Now, I haven't backed it up yet, but I fully intend on doing that (or at least try to) next year when we go out again.

Your wife should try it, even if it's just for a short distance.
She will see, as I did, that it's not the big deal I thought it was.
I did read on here a while back that at one of the rallies, there wasa "class" for women who wanted to try/learn, and I think that was awesome.

Sherri
Old 11-08-2007, 02:42 PM   #16
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Send a message via AIM to noneck
Yes, I should as DW is very good at many things and I rather not admit her proficiency exceeds mine...else my "Tim the tool man" ego get crushed.
noneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 01:43 AM   #17
1luckylady
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7321
Hi Sherri and welcome to MOC forums.
1luckylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:06 PM   #18
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
WELCOME
To The
MOCly Crew

Jump right in. Meet new friends. Learn a lot. Have FUN.
DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote