Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2007, 02:32 AM   #1
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Harbor Freight Bottle Jack and Air Compressor

Just got my regular e-mail from Harbor Freight that has a coupon for a 6 ton bottle jack for $9.99. Since it will be a Montana only item (hopefully), I simply will not be able to pass this deal up. Already told DW, her response was a resounding sigh since she knows what happens every time I go into that store (Picture: wide-eyed boy let loose with money in the candy store!!!!). As for the air compressor that I originally said that I would be the guinea pig for, recent posts reaffirming the high volume air compressor alternative have unfortunately made me reconsider and I will be taking no chances and will be purchasing the bigger unit (besides, I really like the longer air hose). Will also be looking for miniature bungees to use solely for securing cabinet doors for transit...and who knows what else I will find in my favorite store!!!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 02:38 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
harbor frieght is my favotite place. We have several items circled on that latest flyer and trip is in order today . We are less that 20 mins from both a Harbor frieght and a camping world...very hard on the checkbook.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 04:59 AM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
I also love to shop there, they have some pretty good sales at times. Bingo, check the head cap screws on your new compressor, I bought two compressors and they were both loose. So loose the compressors would not shut off. After a little wrench work, they have been fine for a year. Pretty good compressors for the money.
Sue uses the plastic u-shaped locks parents use to keep little fingers from opening cabinets, they have served us well.
Have a good time at the store!
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 05:13 AM   #4
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
Guys also check into TSC stores or Farm & Fleet as you pass them. Lots of stuff and good prices otherwise the ag people would not go there.
Just a thought to help those with shopping urges.-)))
chuck
lwcdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:57 PM   #5
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Bingo,
Harbor Freight has the 10"velcro closures or straps on sale right now if you are interested in using them for the doors. That's what I use and all doors stay secured. Of course you can't secure the single doors with it but I have no problems with them anyway!

Rondo
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:40 AM   #6
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
When I got the bottle jack, I spotted a samll jar of miniature bungies (10" in length), and immediately picked them up. For $6.00 I couldn't pass them up, I think theres a dozen in the pack. If they don't work to my satisfaction, I will resort to the velcro approach. Anything has got to be better than cutting up Wal-mart bags and using them as ties. Well actually, now that I think about it, it is cheap, it works, so that may be the fall-back plan after seeing if the others work.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:20 AM   #7
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Bingo, DW found heavy duty velcro straps at CW and they work great. Of course, nothing works on the single doors so far. We try to pack them light in case they open..
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 06:37 AM   #8
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
Bingo, Remember what I taught you!! Now you need to go on a weekend trip to be sure those bungees hold the cabinets shut like you thought!!!
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:41 PM   #9
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Vanman,
Odd that you mention that, I already tried that with DW, it didn't work this time though. Saturdays are youngest DD's soccer games for a while, have to work every other Saturday, the term papers and tests for four classes at Bible College.....looks like I am stick-house bound until Thanksgiving!!! Oh well, the forum makes me feel like I am camping anyway. (Other than all the questions about winterizing.......depressing). Usually don't do a full winterization until the end of the Thanksgiving trip. I do treat the traps, drain hot-water heater and low point drains, hopefully it doesn't get too cold. Snowbirds and FT's.......I am definitely jealous....
Bingo