Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds State, Provincial & Federal
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2017, 03:24 PM   #1
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Campground preview site

It may already exist and if it does clue me in but I have an idea for a website:
An independent website where fellow campers can post VIDEO of campgrounds they visit. Tied into a database where campsites are located on a map of the USA and you can zoom in and click on any campground and view the video of it and get both reviews and searchable critical data (IE: does it have 50amp and how many sites are long enough and pricing info of course). This would allow you to select campgrounds on the fly along your route, very handy for long trips where your itenary might change.

The critical element is VIDEO. If a picture is worth a thousand words, video is priceless.

There are a lot of websites out there that allow you to search for campgrounds using specific criteria but I have yet to see one that is independent (as in not bias by someone trying to get you to their location or product) and based on a map. I think one run by a group like MOC, perhaps working in concert with other similar groups would be the way to go about it.

For sure you cannot depend on the websites of the actual campground owners to give you an honest look at their locations. They all use cropped photos that show their locations in their best light. And while there are a lot of resources out there with listings of all the campgrounds, I have yet to see one that has good videos that give you a real sense of what the campground is really like!
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote