Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 09-05-2008, 04:59 PM   #1
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Sorry, no Rally

The Dr's appointment yesterday was sobering. Had a minor setback on Wed after feeling pretty good. I believe I put the wrong motion on that new rotator cuff rotator repair. Started going down hill. In the Dr's office the next day, he mentioned it looked like the bicept had slipped down. I asked him to confirm the pre-op discussion about the tissue not being in very good shape. He looked right me and said, No, Dave, it wasn't in very good shape at all.

Suddenly, it hit me like a ton of bricks. This could fail. The joint replacement looks good, but the muscles are of concern. I don't have any left to play around with. This is it for me. If I lose this left one then I have NO good arms!

Cheryl is working hard to keep me in a positive attitude about this. I could not get the doc to commit to a prognosis only 7 days out of surgery. I will be in this sling for 5 more weeks at least - including sleeping in it. Do not pick up anything with that hand larger than a small glass of water - PEROID!.

NO DRIVING UNTIL OCT 8th.

This bummed Cheryl out as she can drive but loves that passenger seat.

We will see about making a one night/two day trip down to the Rally during that stretch. Not the same without our Montana, but we miss our friends. Not sure what days. We will look over the Agenda and then have to see how both Cheryl and I are doing...

dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 05:05 PM   #2
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Dave, we'll be pulling for you. Do not overdo it.
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 05:15 PM   #3
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Damn Dave, that sux big time. We were hoping to see you there, hopefully Betsy will get a go ahead from the Dr for the rally. This is turning into a stinky year for medical stuff. Well, goodluck with the wing and we hope to get a day or two to see you. It looks like Betsy's rotator is on hold indefinitely. Lots of bad wings around this year too.. Take good care of it then and get it strong only after the Dr says it is OK... Dave and Betsy
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 05:42 PM   #4
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
dsprik,

Sorry to hear about the set back. Do what the Doctors say and we'll leave the rest to the Good Lord. You are in our prayers.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:14 PM   #5
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Sorry for the not-so-good report. Our "golden years" come with sudden disappointments. I pray for better days for you and a good long term outcome.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 12:52 AM   #6
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Bummer Dave, I was looking forward to seeing you and Cheryl with a C but it's totally understandable.
IF you can get Cheryl with a C to drive that rig down here you know there will be more than enough help here to get you guys set up and when the times comes break you down for the return trip.
Take care.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 02:15 AM   #7
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Dave, we sure hope things go good for you.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 03:06 AM   #8
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Dave - We will miss you and Cheryl in Goshen but really hope to see you at Disney this winter. You remain in our thoughts and prayers.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 03:16 AM   #9
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Dave,
You have your priorities properly aligned. You both will be missed but, there will be other rallies. Take care of yourself and get well soon.
Cheer,
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 03:18 AM   #10
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I really appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers. We will do everything possible to get down there and see everyone for a couple days.
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Glenn and Lorraine

Bummer Dave, I was looking forward to seeing you and Cheryl with a C but it's totally understandable.
IF you can get Cheryl with a C to drive that rig down here you know there will be more than enough help here to get you guys set up and when the times comes break you down for the return trip.
Take care.
Thanks a bunch for the offer, Glenn. Unfortunately, we also have to rig down up here, and then back up again afterwards. Plus, I have a 9'3" gate in my chain link backyard fence that I back through. Cheryl wouldn't even have nightmares that bad.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:30 AM   #11
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Bummer Dave,

Rest, do what the ole doc says and best of luck.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 03:45 AM   #12
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We have talked about this and I will say it again. Do what the Doctors says..to the letter.. Driving is not important, the rally is not important..recovery is important..all of your efforts are directed toward recovery. Listen to the doctor and listen to Cheryl. She has your best interest in mind.remember..you can do anything with hard work and determination " if you want something bad enough ..you will find a way to make it happen" so ..make recovery happen..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 03:50 AM   #13
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
A real bummer Dave, but I kind of thought thru your emails that was going to be too soon after surgery.
Ok, then this is for Cheryl, Please come to the rally for 1/2 nights and you can bring Dave! (How's that Dave?)
Here's to hoping for a speedy recovery and we'll see yall this winter in Florida!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 04:45 AM   #14
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Hang in there, Dave. We'll continue to pray for a proper recovery for you. Don't be too anxious to be doing normal things. Let the healing process take place as it is supposed to. Believe me, I've been through enough of these types of major surgeries to know that you can't hurry things up. I knew when you were getting ready for the surgery that you were expecting an awful lot in a very short time.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 04:57 AM   #15
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Emmel

A real bummer Dave, but I kind of thought thru your emails that was going to be too soon after surgery.
Ok, then this is for Cheryl, Please come to the rally for 1/2 nights and you can bring Dave! (How's that Dave?)
Here's to hoping for a speedy recovery and we'll see yall this winter in Florida!
Uh... we'll see how that works.
Old 09-06-2008, 05:12 AM   #16
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Dave,
I'm just catching up on posts and am so sorry to hear about your setback. Having had broken scapular and rotator cuff surgery, back-to-back, I understand the limitations believe me. After almost a year of rehab, I'm back to leading an ALMOST normal life. I'm very very careful of what and how I pick things up.

You do what your doctor and therapists tell you to do and you will recover. It may be slow, but it is worth it in the long run.

As for that 9'3" fence, it's replaceable, or I'll be there is just a good samaritan neighbor that has experience and can back it in for you. Let Cheryl decide what y'all (she) can do, then make your decisions.

Hope to see you on the road someday. I'll still flash at Montana's so when you see that Granite colored S.O.B. MH flashing, that's me.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 05:19 AM   #17
boat391
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5756
Dave I to have gone through this repair only to have the bicept fail turned out to be a nerve severed during p/t it did recove after 6 months of non use such as you I did have a great doc and it killed him to see his work fail so he went out looking for answers to my problem talking to many sports doc's from all over the country after many tests we found the problem was the nerve if you need a doc that has delt with this I would recomend this Doc hope all turns out well for you I have about a 95% recovery from my surgery now and it took all of a year to recover am back to work with little discomfort good luck and hope you have the same luck I did
boat391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 05:46 AM   #18
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
Dave, So sorry to hear your news. Do your best and focus on what's important. Lynn and I will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Our paths will cross again! Best wishes,
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 12:26 PM   #19
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Ditto to what everyone said. We are all praying for you...even got our fingers crossed. Healing takes longer than what we would like but hang in there and do what the doctor says.

Dennis & Sharon
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 12:59 PM   #20
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Thanks all! Tim, I will certainly keep that thought. We'll see how things progress. My main problem is that I can't sit still. I've got to re-train myself to be the laziest guy in the universe. Drives me absolutely crazy to sit and watch my wife struggling hauling stuff around the house and doing outside chores while I just watch. Goes against my upbringing... big time.