Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2008, 03:27 PM   #1
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
As the earth/dirt turns . . .

Came in from work a bit early today (don't tell my boss), and surprise--groundbreaking on our home begins tomorrow. It would have started today, but we had a last minute adjustment in where the house will be located on the property. After stomping around in the snow, slush, mud, and wind, holding the builder's tape occasionally, and saying "Yes" or "No" through chattering teeth, the stakes are in again, the string is strung, and LET THE DIGGING BEGIN!!!!!! This is what I discovered as I approached my home this afternoon:

Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 03:30 PM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
WHAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Congrats
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 03:44 PM   #3
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Thanks. This house is the first step on the path to fulltiming. We are building in the heart of one of Montana's hottest outdoor activity areas and where 10 - 25 acre pieces of land are at a premium. We hope this home, like the one we just sold down the road, will attract hunters, fishermen, hikers, skiers, and anyone else who loves the outdoors. I need to teach another year or so, and then, if the cards are right, that For Sale sign will be out and we'll be packing!
Old 02-27-2008, 01:34 AM   #4
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
Congratulations. Now the really fun stuff begins.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 01:39 AM   #5
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Beautiful scene! Good for you guys, I remember the day the backhoe started on our foundation.
Keep us posted, and keep the building inspector supplied with chocolate chip cookies and hot coffee....
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 04:13 AM   #6
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
But...But...but...it don't have wheels. A Montana without wheels? Oooohhhhh, a house IN Montana. The wheels come later. Got it.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 04:31 AM   #7
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Great view, good luck, we hope all your plans work for you!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:11 AM   #8
NewFlyLady
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8071
I know just how you feel. We watched this just 4 years ago when we built our place on the Madison River in Montana. Our house came in on wheels as it was a manufactured home. We can't wait until we get to move there instead of using it as a vacation home. Our 3380 is so that we can escape the cold winters once we are there full time. Good luck on the house.
NewFlyLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 12:02 PM   #9
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
Wayne the only thing better (for me) is if I were the one running the track hoe! Love to play the the big toys! Good luck. Glad you made the final changes before digging begins. Some how I was never able to stop making chcanges when I built by properties. Thus our home took 22 months to build.
Enjoy it's a great time
Chuck
lwcdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 01:27 PM   #10
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Great looking place wayne I to love to play in the dirt. I hope it is not to long till move in time. I hope You and carolyn the best I am about a year away from retirment also. Hey you already have the jiffy johns so time to go to work LOL!!!. bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 06:55 AM   #11
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Just curious, are you gonna keep the pink and blue porta potties (cause it makes a real statement) or are you going for indoor plumbing?

Couldn't resist! Just had to ask!!!!
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 01:47 PM   #12
mamashappy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7633
let the fun begin! that first step is a big one and feels so very good. best wishes with all of the parts of the process .
mamashappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 03:38 PM   #13
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Those big toys do look like fun, don't they? I bet if someone opened an amusement park for adults and stocked it with lots of dirt, trenchers, dozers, diggers, backhoes, cranes, etc., the place would be an instant hit.

Stiles, you're right--I don't see any wheels anywhere, darn it. We began this project before we remembered how much we loved living in our RV and traveling.

Icehouse--Those cute Porta-Potties? Heck, they've been so dang convenient that I'm tempted to keep them, especially with 5 grandsons. This summer I'll have all 5 little boys at one time for a week or two--bet they'd think those outhouses are the BEST. (I'll probably have our only granddaughter, too, because she's not likely to miss the reunion of the Texas and Montana cousins.)

NewFlyLady--I wish we were on the Beaverhead or the Madison, but I guess being on Clark Canyon Reservoir is a good second-best. We can walk to the Beaverhead, but honestly, it's not a very pretty river compared to the Madison, Yellowstone, and other area hot spots. However, it is a recognized Blue Ribbon Trout Stream, and I've pulled some really nice browns and rainbows from it on occasion.

Shouldn't have mentioned rivers and fishing . . . once that itch starts, it doesn't stop. I love to fish!

Carolyn