Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2009, 02:20 AM   #1
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Finally Camping with just one complaint

We finally got the rig to a campground yesterday, the first trip out this year. We are at the Milton/Huntington KOA (FoxFire) until Friday. Seems like everything I read on this forum at some point comes to fruition. Upon arrival at the mini-storage, I was astounded to notice the extent at which the front Montana decal had peeled over the winter. There was no peeling at all when we were in Florida for Thanksgiving, so whatever happened, happened in the last seven months. We will try to get dealer help with the issue, since the rig is only two years old. It will not deter from finally getting to camp. Will be back home the 3rd and spend the 4th on the river.....Yea!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:32 AM   #2
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Glad you were finally able to get the camper out of storage and go camping. Just curious, was Greenbo full I know you really enjoyed it there?
Old 06-29-2009, 02:46 AM   #3
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Never checked Greenbo, but we did check at Beech Fork. Have to stay close because Amanda starts her first job (Mickey D's) this morning, and Momma has to provide transportation. Also, Dad still has to drive to work this week also. Obviously, the week of the 4th is not the prime time to have sudden camping urges (the fever hit the women after Church Sunday), but we were blessed with finding what we could and will definitely enjoy the time together.
Bingo
Old 06-29-2009, 03:51 AM   #4
greener
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7882
I wonder if moisture gets under the decal edges then freezes and lifts the decal. Hope you will recieve help on this issue from the dealer.
greener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:23 AM   #5
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by greener

I wonder if moisture gets under the decal edges then freezes and lifts the decal. Hope you will recieve help on this issue from the dealer.
I really think the decals were just defective. I have seen Montana units here that have never been in freezing weather, and the decals are peeling. One neighbor has a 07 that is peeling bad. I recommended he approach his dealer about the problem. They told him it was out of warranty and was his problem. He is talking of just having his own graphic design put on the unit.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 04:27 AM   #6
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Haven't checked the details, but I wonder if there is any chance of the extended warranty (service plan....Sorry Richfaa) covering the graphics... probably not, but we shall see.
Bingo
Old 06-29-2009, 05:09 AM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Would be interested to find out if the " Service plan" covers the graphics... I will bet not??? The ice and freezing theory may have some merit. Ours has never seen freezing weather or storage and we have no graphics problems.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:58 PM   #8
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Ours has never seen freezing weather and our Montana decal is disintegrated badly. I agree that it has to be poor quality materials. The mountain graphic below is in perfect condition...

Keystone sent me a new Montana graphic - I have a 2007 model - when I asked about it. I will have to put it on myself - someday...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:18 PM   #9
timandsusan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5165
Our Montana graphic on the front cap is also starting to peel. Little freezing weather in South Texas but alot of hot weather! Something else to keep me out of trouble while retired--replace the graphics.
F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 2012, Single Wheel, 6.7 L Diesel, Transfer Flow Internal 50 Gallon Fuel Tank, Upgraded Ford Software for 50 Gallon tank, 2006 3475Rl with Mor-ryde King Pin, 2nd AC, 2nd Battery, Pressure Pro TPMS, Wet Bolt Shackle Kit
timandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote