Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-04-2018, 05:43 PM   #1
DadsHemi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20472
Cooold Weather

Well.... it’s been pretty cold here, in the low teens at night and in the low to mine 20s and 30s the last two week. Heat tape and armorflex insulation on the hose, 5gal bucket with a 100 watt bulb over the water hydrant, basement has a heater in it and all tank heaters on. Found the limit on the heat pump lol so been using the furnace when I go to bed. Also use my electric fire place along with furnace and heat pump. I’m pretty impressed with our 3160RL in this type of weather.

2018 Ram 3500 MegaCab 4x4 Aisin, 4:10 Gears
Titan 50 Gal Tank, Air Lift Wireless Bags
2017 3160 RL
DadsHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 05:58 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Sounds like you've got it under control. Just make sure your furnace runs often enough to keep your water lines from freezing.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 06:06 PM   #3
DadsHemi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20472
Quote:
Originally Posted by DQDick View Post
Sounds like you've got it under control. Just make sure your furnace runs often enough to keep your water lines from freezing.
For sure, I have electric heat in the basement and I do run the furnace during the nights when the temp drops.

2018 Ram 3500 MegaCab 4x4 Aisin, 4:10 Gears
Titan 50 Gal Tank, Air Lift Wireless Bags
2017 3160 RL
DadsHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 06:24 PM   #4
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Yep it's cold here in North Arkansas too. We have been down in the single digits at night with windchills below 0F. Granted not cold compared to more northern reaches but then we are not prepared for it down here either.

I work in the oilfield to produce that gas your burning to keep warm so think of me and my coworkers when ya switch on the heat! We are out in that weather everyday trying to keep the wells thawed out and flowing gas to ya!
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 07:15 AM   #5
Eagleback
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15731
Keep the snow off the slides to prevent melt water from working its way passed the seals. and it will, had that in Memphis when we were there. of course we didn't have slide awnings or covers
Eagleback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:14 AM   #6
waynemoore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10552
My hart goes out the all you folks in what has become COLD County. We have been very lucky here in Arizona with very mild temperatures. I truly wish I could send some of it to you all. But no can do so be safe with all the things you are doing to stay warm. And keep the faith this too will pass.
waynemoore is offline   Reply With Quote