Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2012, 03:34 AM   #1
gduff
Established Member

M.O.C. #12954
Keystone Website

It appears that Keystone has changed their website. At least my existing links give me an error message.

gduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:11 AM   #2
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Just go to the home site above and use those links, they appear to be working fine. They do give a "error 404 dealers only" message but if you scroll over the main body of the page it will show the various rigs and you just need to click on one and it will take you to that page..

Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:15 AM   #3
gduff
Established Member

M.O.C. #12954
I got on ok by following the links, it just appears the whole site has changed from yesterday.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:31 AM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
My links worked fine...So where is the Big Sky?? I note the Big sky is no longer listed as Top of the line "luxury" I knew it all the time.
Don't think the site is ready for prime time yet. We note the Mon tana is now Fulltime but see nothing on what they did to make it full time other that say so.No mention of Bog Sky or Big sky package..Am I missing something???
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:43 AM   #5
gduff
Established Member

M.O.C. #12954
Rich,

I think they dropped it. Looks like you are going to have to buy an Alpine! LOL
Old 11-04-2012, 10:47 AM   #6
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
There was rumor running early this year that the Big Sky package was going to be dropped. I was never able to get confirmation on that, but it has been running through the industry over the past year. Hopefully this is just an oversight on Keystone's new website...Or maybe they are giving the Big Sky a major overhaul and the new images are not ready for publishing.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:52 AM   #7
drsmart
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10690
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by gduff

Rich,

I think they dropped it. Looks like you are going to have to buy an Alpine! LOL
Thought I'd browse the new site and the "Luxury" Alpine. In the gallery, the convenience center shows the grey and black tank valves in a sideways configuration. I don't know about anyone else, but mine are straight in and out, and are fairly stiff to open and close. Wouldn't they be a bear to open and close on the Alpine?

Dave
drsmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:02 PM   #8
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
I clicked on my Keystone website Icon and it came with the new website right away. I see the Alpine is the luxury 5th wheel.
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:08 PM   #9
Bruce Lenhardt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5098
Send a message via ICQ to Bruce Lenhardt
My links don't work either. They have some work to do on this new look. One model of the Alpine is only 9 feet long!! The website is cumbersome to navigate.
Bruce Lenhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:22 PM   #10
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
By the new website Alpine is now the top of the line keystone model.Montana has dropped down a notch.I knew my Montana 3402, Big Sky was Not the top of the line best you can buy Keystone product. Perhaps they have better quality and a higher level of workmanship on the Alpine line.I do not see that they even offer the Big Sky package on the Montana line but do offer what was the Big Sky package on the Alpine line. If this is so it is a huge blow to Montana.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:00 PM   #11
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Not according to the 2 alpine owners I have talked to this trip. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting two more ****** off RV owners. Both have had severe suspension problems, one had tank problems and the other has a list a foot long including slide problems and finish trim falling on the floor while driving. I got to look inside of the one with the falling trim and one of the large slide face boards fell on counter and broke off the faucet. I was not impressed with the quality in it either. Doubt I would purchase one myself...
Old 11-04-2012, 03:28 PM   #12
grayghost03
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12028
Send a message via MSN to grayghost03
May be Thor has decided to thin the line and move to push the Redwood and Blackwood as their top of line units.
grayghost03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:15 PM   #13
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Exnavydiver

Not according to the 2 alpine owners I have talked to this trip. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting two more ****** off RV owners. Both have had severe suspension problems, one had tank problems and the other has a list a foot long including slide problems and finish trim falling on the floor while driving. I got to look inside of the one with the falling trim and one of the large slide face boards fell on counter and broke off the faucet. I was not impressed with the quality in it either. Doubt I would purchase one myself...
X2. Met two Alpine owners before the Rally taking their rigs to Keystone. Cheap frame, lessor suspension, inside looks great when new but doesn't take long to fall apart. They even had a new version of Chinese tires and the damage to prove it. They both had been told that their rig was equivalent to ours and both knew it wasn't true just by looking at the outside of our rig.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:16 PM   #14
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
That may be the situation, when Rondo and I visited Leach RV in Counsel Bluffs 2 weeks ago and asked if they had any Big Skys on the lot we were told to go out and look at the Redwoods. Sounds pretty bold for a Montana dealer.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:57 AM   #15
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
There has to be a business reason that the Montana line was downgraded. If you look at the Alpine line they offer as a option what was the Big Sky package. No such package is offered on the now Montana Line.A Decision was made to downgrade Montana and push Alpine to the top of the line. decisions like that are not made without good business reasons..I am wondering what they are. It will all come out in time.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:26 AM   #16
Ren
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10954
I dont see the Montana High Country listed in either of the Light Weight or 5th Wheel sections. They are mentioned while looking at pictures of the Montanas though. Maybee the website is simply not completed yet.

As far as the Redwood and Blackwood 5ers go. Didnt Thor buy what was left of Carriage? Also I believe one or more of the Senior staff was hired along with that deal. Dont remember where I read it though. That could be where the decision to drop the Big Sky package is coming from as well.

Old 11-05-2012, 05:50 AM   #17
CRUZIN 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3160

On the thought of the Montana or Big Sky being down graded, it is the same great rig. But we went with the A---- 3535re becase of more options, you can check ours out, we are in the RGV.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:27 AM   #18
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I do not think the site is completed.Many things missing. I personally do not care what they do with the Big Sky. I wanted full body paint and we got it in the 13 Big Sky. If one wants full body paint now we know where to get it.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:37 AM   #19
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
That's a great new updated sig picture showing the new rig! It's much like the old sig picture in that it's nice you were able to stike the same pose, using the new rig. But I think you need to fix the date on the camera unless you were in the future when you took it.

Nice body paint, nice rig, nice looking couple, but the new website needs some work.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #20
grayghost03
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12028
Send a message via MSN to grayghost03
I think your right Rich, just got off the phone with our dealer, he said all models are still on the dealers site. And nothing has been relayed to them and they were at the keystone dealers show and nothing was said to indicate that any models were to be dropped.
grayghost03 is offline   Reply With Quote