Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-22-2008, 03:24 PM   #1
FlashG
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7971
Mountaineer Toyhauler 347THT

I was interested to see that Mountaineer has a Toyhauler.
The Keystone website shows the floorplan with dinette and sofa.

Photos found on-line show a long sofa and no table. The floorplan also shows more room to walk around the bed in front.

The Mountaineers I have seen so far don't have as much space around the bed as the Montana has.

The "Garage" area looks homey. Is there room for a full dressed Harley? Anyone know the garage length?

FlashG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 02:38 AM   #2
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Have you seen the "Fuzion," by keystone. What a nice layout. Saw one at the dealers.

What model HD do you have. the RK has a wheel base of 63-64 inches. Some models are 66-67 inches
The 2008 HD had an overall length of 93.6 inches.

My Nomad had a wheel base of 68.5 and an overall lenght of 98.6 and it was difficult to find anything to haul it comfortably.

Take a tape measure with you, if you are close enough to a dealer, and measure the inside of the garage. You can always park at an angle.

I did a search on keystone mountineer toy hauler and some listing have the lenght of the Garage. The Fuzion that I saw had at leasst 12 feet of lenght in the garage. (39ft model)

The Fuzion
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 05:18 AM   #3
FlashG
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7971
My Electra Glide Ultra Classic Harley Davidson is 98.3 inches long. The DW does not like the looks of most toyhaulers. They dont seem as homey with the "Nascar" decorating.

Looks like I could place the motorcycle at an angle or even leave the door between the garage and the living area open. I wonder if Keystone beefed up the frame to handle to extra weight of the bikes people will be hauling? My Harley weighs almost 900 lbs.
Old 01-23-2008, 07:36 AM   #4
FlashG
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7971
Hey Gang,

I will try to answer my own questions! LOL

I called the factory and talked to the Rep.

Heres what I found out about the Mountaineer Toyhauler Model 347THT

The area for the bike in the garage is: 9.5 X 4 feet.
It was sized to accomodate a Full size Harley or even a GOLF CART!
There is a "Zippered Screen" for the Ramp Door.
Tie-Down anchors are supplied but not installed.
The floor of the garage is engineered to hold the additional weight of a vehicle.
The ramp angle of approach is taken into account - so that the bike doesnt "high center" on the threshhold.
Euro Chairs are an option.
Two LCD TV's are standard.
Decor options are the same as other Mountaineers.