Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 12-11-2005, 06:18 AM   #1
mperk
Established Member

M.O.C. #1124
Laminate Floooring

We have a 3670RL and we want to remove the carpet and put in laminate flooring. There seems to be plenty of space under the dining table/recliner slide (it kind of pops up when it starts to open) the slide with the appliances seems to be realy tight and not sure the flooring would go under it or the room would slide over it. Is there a way to raise the front (inside) of the slide so that flooring could be installed under it or is this not possible. I know you can adjust it at the back of the slide for verticle alignment but not sure about raising the slide on the inside.Any help would be appreciated

mperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 07:47 AM   #2
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Dale (MIMF) from Lippert should be along to give you expert advice on this subject. If not, you could do a search for his username and find a contact number for him. He's very knowledgeable and helpful.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 08:55 AM   #3
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Check out this link, it is another members coach that has done the floors and many other AWESOME upgrades.

http://www.geocities.com/fulltimedre...4/lam_flr.html

Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 10:19 AM   #4
Montana_1892
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1892
hi, i know on the 3670RL, '02 edition, we had problems with the slides rubbing on the carpet on the appliance slide, even after re-adjusting several times, good luck.
Montana_1892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 05:14 PM   #5
firetrucker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2165
There's a long plastic (probably polypropylene) bar, with a curved top, that the kitchen slide in the 3400 runs in and out on. That, and the vertical adjustment on the outboard end of the slide, determine what will fit under it.

When I put laminate flooring in the kitchen, I lowered the vertical adjustment all the way when the slide was a little more than halfway out (MIMF's suggestion). Then I used a full length 4x4 up close to the frame to support the slide when it was all the way out as I jacked it up about an inch (NOT MIMF's suggestion). I carefully monitored the amount of room at the top of the slide so I wouldn't damage the wall or slide at the top. This let me get one hand under the inside of the slide to see how much room I had to work with. It was very close. If I could have found a laminate thinner than 5/16, I would have used that.

It was sometimes frustrating to get the laminate cut properly and fit into the tight spaces in the kitchen, but it worked. I still have to caulk the spaces around the edge of the laminate to prevent liquids from getting in under it. I think a 1/4 inch space is plenty considering the short length of the laminate, though.

I reset the vertical adjustment to about half its full travel (MIMF's suggestion). If I could have figured a way to get a piece of 1/8 inch plastic sheet on top of the bar, I would breath a bit easier whenever I move the slide in or out. It came out nice, though, and was worth the effort.

Bob
firetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 03:24 PM   #6
mperk
Established Member

M.O.C. #1124
Thanks for all the great info and ideas. I will go back out to the Monty and take a better look at things now.
Thanks again!!!!!!!
mperk is offline   Reply With Quote