Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2003, 01:20 PM   #1
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
Rainy, Rainy, Leaky, Leaky!!

Yep, that's right....the new seal on the bedroom slide is not doing the job. Same leak in the same spot. Not getting any mushrooms, but getting wet carpet. I have been up on a very scary ladder, in the rain, using "Duct Puddy" in places I think might be possible leak areas, to no avail.

It's dark now.. and still raining....so I guess in the morning I will go out and get some plastic and duct tape over the entire slide and then decide how to proceed from here. Well maybe not how...but "when".

I just took three days off from work to take care of this problem. Ahhh....such is life. Good thing we have plastic and duct tape.

The neighbors in the park say, "Welcome to the world of owning an RV". I did get invited to diner tonight by Dick and Barbara who share a wonder full Holiday Rambler with Riley, their Golden Retriever. (Great dog!) Dick tried to help me with the leak today. So even with the leak the day turned out OK. When the rain stops I'll get the plastic up.

So if you are cruising through Encore RV park Sarasota North and you see a Montana with plastic an duct tape over the bedroom slide, that would be me. Stop in and say Hi!

2002 2880RL (Miss Montana) towed by 2001 Dodge diesel 3500 (LadyRam)

Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote