Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 08-20-2006, 02:18 PM   #1
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Rick, We have stayed several times in Sante Fe. The last two time we stayed at Ranchos de Sante Fe RV Park which is out east of the city (toward Las Vegas, which is I-25 North--though it does not head north at this point). We like it for several reasons, not least of which is that it puts us on our way home, right at the intersection of I-25 and US 285 which is the route we usually take on leaving Sante Fe.

Out the other direction we have stayed at Sante Fe Skies RV Park. It is a very nice park. Rancos is just a bit more toward the "natural" while Skies is a bit more manacured. For reasons stated above I would prefer Ranchos for my own choice, but you wouldn't go wrong at Skies. WIFI is free at Ranchos, it was NOT when we last stayed at Skies, but may be now.

Some years ago we stayed in the national forest campground up on the road to Sante Fe Ski Basen, near the Hyde State Park. I really liked it, but it would be too "tight" for many fifth-wheels and, of course, only electric hook up. Hyde State Park also has campground, but we have never stayed there.

I am tempted to say, anytime would be good to visit Sante Fe, but I honestly do think this would be a good time. In fact, we are overdue for a visit to our daughter in Buena Vista, CO and will probably come back by Sante Fe as we usually do.

David and Shirley -- East Texas
2955 RL Montana
Chevrolet Duramax 2500 Allison Trans
http://www.dwilliamson.com/mont.jpg

padredw is offline   Reply With Quote