Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-05-2008, 05:24 AM   #1
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Black tank back flow valve location in Big Sky?

We have a 2007 340RLQ Big Sky and was wondering if some one could check the pantry in the kitchen behind the shower to see if you have an access cover to the black tank back flow valve and if so give me the location so I can cut one and replace my defective valve.

I guess the factory decided not to put in an access cover.

Thanks for any help,

Dick

rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 05:53 AM   #2
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
Dick I don't know if yours is like my 2955RL. But there is a removable panel in the pantry cabinet. Once that panel is removed you need to close the sliding door to the bedroom and then you can see the valve. JB
Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 05:55 AM   #3
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
We have an 08 and no there is not a panel there, if we need one it will have to be cut. I just took a flashlight and closed the pocket door and can see it at the very rear of the pocket door slot. It appears to be against the outside wall and the top of the valve is level with the bottom of the first shelf and the hole would have to be close to flat against the left wall of the pantry cabinet and level with the bottom of the first shelf... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:31 AM   #4
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Thanks I found the location and have cut the hole. Looks like I will have to find a replacement at another town as no one has one in Pahrump, Nevada.

thanks for your help,
Dick
Old 11-05-2008, 09:23 AM   #5
illapah
Montana Master

M.O.C. #666
Dick, I have to replace mine too. are they generic or does one have to get a specific one?
illapah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 12:04 PM   #6
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by illapah

Dick, I have to replace mine too. are they generic or does one have to get a specific one?
Not sure what to tell you, it's easy to get out, once you cut an access hole. I have not been able to find a replacement and the manufacturer does not have a web site.

The type of pipe fitting used needs a rubber seal or gasket when you put it in so make sure that you save the old or get new ones.

Dick

I hope to find one in Las Vegas next week so will let you know if they have some. Can I get one and send it to you, if they have them?