Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Polls
Click Here to Login

View Poll Results: How do you use your Montana?
Full Timer 133 17.18%
Long Timer 177 22.87%
Weekender 169 21.83%
Vacationer 226 29.20%
Set up on Seasonal Site 50 6.46%
Do not own a Montana yet 19 2.45%
Voters: 774. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2007, 06:41 AM   #21
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Tom and Gina,

We feel exactly the same way. We love fulltiming in our Montana, but have a real challenge trying to get others to accept our lifestyle, including our children. Everyone wants to feel sorry for the poor people who live in a trailer. Geesh, guess it is just a matter of opinion, but we have never been happier and wouldn't want it to be any different.

We are now temporarily in our old home town, Seattle. We can hardly wait to get out of this place! Hope the house sells quickly so we can get back on the road and back to our freedom.

simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 04:59 PM   #22
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
We have been living in our Montana 24/7/365 for almost 7 years. We are only considered "fulltimers" because people ask us, "Do you live in THAT full time?" The only reason we use that term when talking to anyone is merely to provide them with experiental information. You can usually get more from someone who "has been there, done that."

I don't think it's important to have a "title." As Stiles says,"I think you are what you define yourself to be. I don't think it matters much how others define you."

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:37 PM   #23
DiananColin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #447
Send a message via Yahoo to DiananColin
We tow our Montana down from Ontario in September to Tampa, we spend approx 5 weeks and return home mid November to look after our clients accounts. We return to Tampa in January going home again in mid February for Tax Season and then drive back down again in May and return home with the Monty in mid May. This year we will bring the Monty down to Tampa at the end of September, drive up to New Jersey mid October so as to sail in the Queen Mary 2 to England, stay there 6 days to visit relatives in England and come back on the Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas to Ford Lauderdale, from there we will fly to Newark, pick up the truck and drive home. We will drive down to Tampa in January, fly to LA and do a cruise from LA to Miami and drive home from there. It's a hard life!!!!
DiananColin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:51 PM   #24
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
How do we vote? there are no check boxes next to the catregory but it says the poll is open.
Weekender here
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 09:41 AM   #25
mikeguscott

M.O.C. #2421
I have a 10 year lease on a spot at a gun club that hosts major trap shooting competitions. It's in North central PA.Two hours from home. It's there from April to September. We stay from 2 days to 2 weeks 7 times a year. I believe I checked the category.
mikeguscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:41 AM   #26
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
Until May of this year we would have been considered vacationeers, but with the wife's recent retirement we've spent 7 weeks on the road so far and we're getting ready to go out for 6-8 weeks more so I voted as a long timer.
Searchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 02:54 PM   #27
deerrahn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4828
We started out as weekenders, but have gone to extended trips. With our other 5th we took three 2 month trips and as you can see in our picture, this is a 4 month'r. What are we? HAPPY and having a lot of fun. See you in Goshen in September.
deerrahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:38 PM   #28
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
I had to vote as a vacationer because that is all that we have used it for so far. If a hurricane hits we will be longtimers as it will be our home where ever the storm hits.

We are having a great vacation right now here in Nashville, TN. We have a 3400RL parked behind us and another model Montana parked next to us. We haven't got to meet our neighbors yet, hopefully we will before we pull out on Wednesday.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 02:02 PM   #29
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Terrie and I have done weekends, vacations and seasonal all in the same year. This year we do not have a seasonal site (yet) but due to homeowner covenants, we will soon find a place to keep Monty ready to go. We spend over fifty nights a year in our 3400, but only once have we spent more than two weeks. Unlike other seasonal campers in some places, we like to have a site we can get in and get out of in a hurry for the next trip. And, now with three grandchildren, we use it to commute on weekends to see them. The only category we didn't fall into was long timer or fulltimer. We hope to be a long timer eventually, but its more than five years off. Until then, we'll have to live vicariously through our MOC friends.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:30 PM   #30
Sweetfire
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4483
I've been living in mine for a month now in Prescott and plan to stay here at least a year. Having a real comfortable time. I'm staying at Orchard RV Ranch, nice place, clean and quiet. There are several other Montanas here in the park but I haven't met any of them yet.
Sweetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 04:46 AM   #31
jsrang
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1726
We have been living in Monty since August 04. We spend about 8-9 months in a Ameri-Cana Park near Melbourne FL and the remaining Summer months visiting the Grandkids in the Upper Midwest. No second thoughts whatsoever. We love our lifestyle and can't think of a better way to spend our retirement.
jsrang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 04:38 PM   #32
mike johnson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3382
We voted vacationeers! We spend about 7 to 10 days every 4 to 8 weeks on the road, in California and Oregon mostly. It depends on what family obligations we have going on at any given time. But as much as we love our Montana we also love to come home to Petaluma, a very fun town. We just got back from a week in Santa Cruz 2 days ago. So basically we have the freedom to go wherever we want whenever we want as much as we want. It's the ideal lifestyle, don't you think?
mike johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 01:02 PM   #33
guru1961
Established Member

M.O.C. #4540
Send a message via Yahoo to guru1961
We voted long timers. We spend all year in our Monty but have a stick house in Alabama...that is for sale!! We spend so much time in it that the stick house is uncomfortable now. We would rather be in our "home"!
guru1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 06:01 AM   #34
Karl and Lois

M.O.C. #7653
Karl and I have been in our fifth wheel 5 months. We closed on our house July 11 and became full-timers. We are both newly retired and I love it. We are in northern MN and plan a trip through the southwest and landing in Texas close to Padre Island for 5 months. We have a 2955RL (2005) 250 Heavy duty Ford Diesel. (2004) We wieghed in at 1640 lbs under weight. We sold everything, guess I could have kept my shoes, but we love it. We did a little remodeling, we took out the couch and put in an oak desk with a fancy rug, plus desk chair and antique rocker. It is our little den. with a table and chair set the floor space looks larger. I have a bit of gypsy and look forward to seeing the entire USA. Our kids are grown live everywhere and busy with their families. We are also looking forward to the full time lifestyle.
I have good hope
Karl and Lois
Karl and Lois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 01:53 AM   #35
garyka
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3662
couldn't find the place to vote
garyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 03:13 AM   #36
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Well I don't mind a label. We are "FULL TIMERS" and have been since Oct 18, 2003. We purchased our first RV, an 04 2955RL, in September of 03 and less than a month later we were "Full Timers". This past summer we traveled across the US. Put well over 10,000 miles on the Monty and, for the most part, really enjoyed it. Over the past 4 years, we went places and saw sites we never would have seen had it not been for our lifestyle. We do spend 6 to 7 months in Florida each winter but we are still in our Monty and still "FULL TIMING IT" and still doing the site seeing thing.
Quite often we are asked "where is your home". More often than not they give you a strange look when we say "Right here in whatever RV park we happen to be in". For us "Home is where you park it" works for us 150% and we wouldn't have it any other way.
Also by not being property owners we don't pay property taxes and school taxes. We also don't worry about the stick house up keep such as painting, paper hanging, etc. We haven't cut grass, trimmed the hedge, racked leaves, shoveled snow, pulled weeds, etc in the past 4 years. We also don't worry about the stick house while we are on the road.
To Lorraine and I it just doesn't get any better.
Speaking of labels, they also tag us with labels such as "Trailer Trash", "Gypsies" and "Vagabonds" and so on. Well than "Trailer Trash", "Gypsies" and "Vagabonds" is what we will be and loving every minute of it. This is what I love about the U. S. of A. We can pick and choose how and where we want to live and to he&$ with anyone who doesn't agree.
Now I am not naive enough to think that everyone can or will become Full Timers but this is their option and if Long Timing, Short Timing, Weekender, whatever is their bag than so be it.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 06:36 AM   #37
Jim Jarvis
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6781
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Glenn and Lorraine

Well I don't mind a label. We are "FULL TIMERS" and have been since Oct 18, 2003. We purchased our first RV, an 04 2955RL, in September of 03 and less than a month later we were "Full Timers". This past summer we traveled across the US. Put well over 10,000 miles on the Monty and, for the most part, really enjoyed it. Over the past 4 years, we went places and saw sites we never would have seen had it not been for our lifestyle. We do spend 6 to 7 months in Florida each winter but we are still in our Monty and still "FULL TIMING IT" and still doing the site seeing thing.
Quite often we are asked "where is your home". More often than not they give you a strange look when we say "Right here in whatever RV park we happen to be in". For us "Home is where you park it" works for us 150% and we wouldn't have it any other way.
Also by not being property owners we don't pay property taxes and school taxes. We also don't worry about the stick house up keep such as painting, paper hanging, etc. We haven't cut grass, trimmed the hedge, racked leaves, shoveled snow, pulled weeds, etc in the past 4 years. We also don't worry about the stick house while we are on the road.
To Lorraine and I it just doesn't get any better.
Speaking of labels, they also tag us with labels such as "Trailer Trash", "Gypsies" and "Vagabonds" and so on. Well than "Trailer Trash", "Gypsies" and "Vagabonds" is what we will be and loving every minute of it. This is what I love about the U. S. of A. We can pick and choose how and where we want to live and to he&$ with anyone who doesn't agree.
Now I am not naive enough to think that everyone can or will become Full Timers but this is their option and if Long Timing, Short Timing, Weekender, whatever is their bag than so be it.
I like your thoughts expressed here Glenn. I hope I can one day become a full timer just like you. What a lifestyle!
Jim Jarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 01:48 AM   #38
smc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3125
Full timers. Since May 15 2004. Spend the summers in Canada, as we have to, to keep our health care, winters in Arizona. We love it, though we are thinking of getting a park model for the winters here, It would pay for itself in the fuel we would save hauling the trailer down.
smc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:05 PM   #39
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Long timer.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 01:39 AM   #40
nghelwer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7751
We voted weekender however we also use our unit on vacations(7 days or more) and are looking forward to being long timers in 2 yrs. DW doesn't want to sell stick house because most of our grandchildren live close while others live in Guatemala (kind of hard to get 5th wheel down there.)
nghelwer is offline   Reply With Quote