Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 03-17-2007, 08:07 AM   #1
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
Add-on Swivel Base??

A while back someone posted that an "aftermarket" swivel base can be had from the Internet to make a rocker recliner swivel also. I did a search here and couldn't find the post nor can I find what I want on the Internet. I'm putting a La-Z-Boy (small) rocker recliner in the Montana, but would like for it to swivel also.

VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 08:23 AM   #2
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
I think Ozz put some casters on his chairs, and posted it a few months ago. He bought them at Lowes. If you can't find it under Additions and Improvements send him a private message and I'm sure he will help you.
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 08:38 AM   #3
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
Thanks but it's not the casters - I want to make a rocker recliner swivel also. I would imagine it looks like a big round lazy susan base with a racer and ball bearings.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:51 AM   #4
mtnhntr
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6254
VanMan, When we got our non swivel base Lazy Boy rocker/recliners for our home, we asked if they made them with swivel bases. The furniture store said that they make a swivel base that can be attached. I would check with a store that sells Lazy Boy's. Maybe they can fix you up.
Ken
mtnhntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 08:56 AM   #5
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
The place we're buying the La-Z-Boy said the same thing, but then someone posted here that I can buy the same thing online for about 1/3 what they wanted. If I don't find it I can always have them add it. We're special ordering, so we'll have to wait. I suppose I have however long that is to find one.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:56 AM   #6
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
I looked online and there isn't anything as far as a rocking chair swivel. There are swivel you can buy, but I think you would have to have someone make the large ring and cross supports and then mount it to a swivel.

Take a look at my photos - My Mods. There is one photo of the casters that I put on the OEM Flexsteel rocker, recliner, swivel chair.(I have to give credit to OZZ for the idea) You can see how the swivel attaches to the chair and how the ring/cross support attaches to the swivel. I think it would be cheaper and less frustrating to buy it from the manufacturer.

Another thought would be to try Goodwill or similar furniture store - buy chair cheap - take swivel off - donate chair back to them - declare the donation on your income tax. LOL

DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 02:07 AM   #7
bob
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6258
Hello i used a boat seat swivel got it at a local boat store
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 02:40 AM   #8
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
Thanks for the replies. We ordered the chair (La-Z-Boy)and will just have them add a swivel when it comes in.