Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 11-28-2014, 05:02 PM   #1
Rick
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8298
RE BLK WATER Flush line.

OK People here is one I need some help with,
The other day I dumped the Black water Holding tank and turned the Flush Line on,
while it was flushing I went inside of the fifth wheel and Low and Be holed I found Water coming out of the Sliding door that goes into the wall behind the shower, Now what and the Devil is happening here. is the flush line hooked to the shower? And what for if so.
Well I took the wall out in the basement and sure enough the Flush line does go up through the floor, so I took the taps off of the shower and can find nothing wrong here.
Where does this flush line go? If I were installing such a Line i would put it directly to the Black tank flush system.
After having the basement wall out I am surprised that Montana"s ever got a CSA approval to sell them in Canada The wiring is just laying lose in the frame not even strapped to any thing,

2009 3400 rl Rick

Thanks in advance for your information.

Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 01:40 AM   #2
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
The back flow/check valve on your flush water line is located in that wall. Several post on this subject. Perhaps a search will help. Not sure on yours but on my 3000rk there is an access panel in the closet that backs up to the shower that gave me access. Others have had to make their own access hole. Once you get to it the valve is easy to replace. Others have just bypassed the valve and used a check valve on the hose they use to flush with. Jim
Old 11-29-2014, 02:05 AM   #3
ckwizard
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #14704
I have an access panel in the kitchen cabinet to get to the valve, when the same thing happened to me I completley removed it because it's the cheapest plastic valve I ever saw.
I just re-plumbed straight to the tank and use an external backflow preventer.
ckwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 03:13 AM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Whatever you decide to do, don't replace the valve with another similar one. Replace it with a good one or, as we did years ago, replace it with one on the end of your flush hose.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 04:10 AM   #5
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Do a search for black tank flush and you will find several threads about it, some with pictures. Most of the time the antisiphon/vacuum breaker valve has failed and it is located high up in the wall.

A number of us have had the problem. And, I think, most of us that had the problem simply eliminated the antisiphon/vacuum breaker valve and now use an external check valve. I had to cut a new access hole in the back of the entry closet wall to get to the valve.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 07:21 AM   #6
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
I have found the flush to be a waste of time. Energy other black dump, I run a hose into the unit, top the tank off via the toilet, dump, refil the tank and dump again. Never had. a black tank issue.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 01:21 PM   #7
awaywego
Montana Master

M.O.C. #40
Mine was accessed by takeing the shower valves out and the check valve was in the hole with the valves. you may have to stick your hand in and pull it out. This is just in case you do not have the access door.
awaywego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 03:49 PM   #8
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Here are pictures of mine between the shower wall and the entry closet. The white plastic panel was already there, but behind the shower valves. I reach in and feel the flush valve, but could not get to it.

So I cut a new opening. Picture shows the valve removed. And lines winterized.

I used some trim wood from Home Depot to make a picture frame for the piece I cut out. Looks like it was made that way.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 06:50 AM   #9
Rick
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8298
Thanks every one for your Help,
I have seen the valve now in the wall of the sliding door pocket.. I have decided to just eliminate the valve and go with a check valve in the line behind the flush input port, Then straight into tank enough of this line loss pressure stuff. Get the most for your money HaHA.
Rick
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 11:31 AM   #10
tomd
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5075
I had the same problem as the OP the first time I back flushed. Removed the back wall and found the hose was never connected to the convenience center. The hose goes from cc to tank. When I lowered the underbelly a pile of wires fell to the ground. I used ties to hold them in place.
tomd is offline   Reply With Quote