Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-17-2005, 12:00 PM   #41
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
I really like the forum just the way it is, we love the pictures and the FRIENDLY chatter, don't change a thing. Some day when I can figure it all out I'll post some pictures.

Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 06:00 PM   #42
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jrgwdenner

Good point, old turbo. I got tired of seeing the same picture in my own signature after a while. It's always fun to see new photos.
I change mine up, too, Judy... but I am ADD (adult)... can't stand something too long being the same.

Oops... my marriage is NOT in that category, though. I know a good thing when I have it!
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 10:23 AM   #43
deerrahn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4828
For me, I really enjoy the photos and Christmas Caracters that are ending up in the posts. I just wonder where they are coming from. But the best part is, in a couple of weeks they will be pulled out and others will be posted. Changing the pictures would be great. They are like travelogs. I thank everyone for their pictures of their travels. Merry Christmas and may All of You have a Very Happy and Healthy 2006
deerrahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 11:23 AM   #44
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
I know a lot of folks have the slower dial up connections so the graphics and pictures do take a long time to load..... but I sure enjoy the pictures! And most of the graphics are nice too.

If I weren't so lazy I'd change my pictures more often. Well that can be one of my New Year's resolutions!

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 01:59 PM   #45
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Well, due to weather conditions, our Satellite, thank you direcway (BLAHHH), is down and out, it is frozen and has been non-functional 3 of the last 4 days. With the forecasts we are reading, it will be down till way after the holidays, as they are not expecting any weather above freezing for about a week, or so. The last time I tried to load this page, as, I am on dial up now, thank you AOL, half the photos would not even load. The photos sure are fun, but, reminding ya, if they are over about 20,000 bytes, they will bog down the phone dial up folks in a heartbeat. If you don't know how large your photo is, place your cursor over photo, right click, find properties and click again. You might be aghast at how large your photos really are.

Cheers, from BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR land, err, Michigan
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 02:05 PM   #46
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Good suggestion Carol on checking how large the photos or graphics are. I'm using dial up part of the time and have no problems with most but I know I can turn it off if it is really slow. I think the pictures and graphics are part of what makes this forum fun and interesting and keeps us up to date with our friends.
Happy trails.......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 02:40 PM   #47
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CountryGuy

Well, due to weather conditions, our Satellite, thank you direcway (BLAHHH), is down and out, it is frozen and has been non-functional 3 of the last 4 days. With the forecasts we are reading, it will be down till way after the holidays, as they are not expecting any weather above freezing for about a week, or so. The last time I tried to load this page, as, I am on dial up now, thank you AOL, half the photos would not even load. The photos sure are fun, but, reminding ya, if they are over about 20,000 bytes, they will bog down the phone dial up folks in a heartbeat. If you don't know how large your photo is, place your cursor over photo, right click, find properties and click again. You might be aghast at how large your photos really are.

Sorry to hear about your DirectWay but if you were in Florida you....Well you know the rest.

You are 100% correct on the 20,000 bytes. If anyone out there wants their signature photo reduced in both pixels (width and height) and or
number of bytes I would be only to happy to do it for you. Simply send me the photo's address (URL) via Email or PM and I will reduce it to a more tolerable size and send it back to you.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 02:42 PM   #48
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CountryGuy

Had the same problem in the winter with our satellite dish freezing.It had been up on the roof and this summer I moved it down to ground level. When it freezes up we can now go out and unfreeze it and we also spray the dish with a anti freeze solution to prevent freezing.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 04:05 PM   #49
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
It is worthwhile to point out that the size of the picture is not the only determinant of file size. JPG file size is dramatically affected by two other factors. 1) the amount of variation in the picture content and 2) how accurately you want the picture recreated. Most photo editing programs let you vary the reproduction accuracy by adjusting the storage algorithm. Backing off to 50% has little effect on many pictures and may recuce storage by as much as 75%. In fact, some photographs may appear better with a little random fuzziness or softness.
Dave
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 07:07 PM   #50
Sweetfire
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4483
Direcway also has an optional dish heater to keep it ice/snow free.
Sweetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 12:58 AM   #51
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Most of us are a little soft and fuzzy anyway!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 02:10 AM   #52
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Dish is on roof of SECOND level of house, AL is NOT going up on that roof ever again! Last time he came down rather fast on the steep part and well, healthy sounds right nice, but don't cha know??

Right now, NO ONE would go up there, 6 to 8 inches of snow and ice. Direcway can stay down until the temps go up.

That is right nice of ya Glenn to make such an offer.

I like the graphics too, and the photos, and all that, just when you are sitting eatting up minutes on your dial up, it can get frustrating. I see even some of the xmas stuff appearing here that the bytes are up around 40,000 to 60,000 EACH! Count how many some of us have! YIKES!

When I am on Verizon cell phone dial up, pages will not load either. Ahhh, that WIFI in Mission is soundin SOOOOO nice.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:03 AM   #53
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Oh our home is a tri level and the dish was on the highest level..I DID NOT go up there to get it down.My #1 son however did.Makes a big difference in the winter what with ice storms and that wet heavy snow that sticks to the dish..We use a silicon spray on the dish that helps some..Only been out there once this winter result of a ice storm..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 04:49 AM   #54
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
How are these animated gifs doing that are in my sig? I did a right click and I varied everywhere from 9 kb to 50 kb. But since they are animated they may not act the same - i.e. 50 k pic vs 50 k animated gif. Any input from dialup people?
Old 12-19-2005, 04:57 AM   #55
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Dave, so far, they are popping up alright, although there are a couple of yours that are over 50,000. Maybe on the pages when there are a number of posts????? Maybe it is accumluative as well.???
Old 12-19-2005, 06:04 AM   #56
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
My dialup (Earthlink) is handling the graphics pretty well, too. But I sure had an adjustment once we returned home and no longer had WIFI, I was pretty grouchy. I hope that Wifi reaches all corners of Victoria Palms as we are towards the back.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:42 AM   #57
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Somebody must not have liked mine cuz one day it was here and the next day gone.
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 11:16 AM   #58
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Helen, what are you missing? A graphic? Or a picture?
Old 12-19-2005, 11:43 AM   #59
RVWheels
Moderator Emeritus

M.O.C. #29
Regarding pictures and graphics.
If your pictures and or graphics are "adjusted" by Admin we will usually leave the link but remove part of the "tag". This alerts the user to the fact the item has been altered and allows them to know which one to deal with. On rare occasions the entire link will be removed. Adelmoll I do not remember altering or removing any picture or graphic from your posts but I've had to deal with a lot of them lately so I might have forgotten. Try it again. BUT if it causes the page to be too wide and necessitates the use of the scroll bar please remove it or make it smaller so it doesn't cause a problem.

Thanks,

RVWheels
RVWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 02:27 PM   #60
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
RVWheels, are my animated gifs OK? The middle upper big snowplow says it is ~ 50 kb. But since it is animated gif, it might not all load at the same time??? Not sure. I think a 50 kb pic would cause a problem, wouldn't it?