Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-16-2005, 01:55 PM   #21
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

The pic that we posted was our first try and doing this and we tried to keep it about the size of others, It is 43018 bytes and 395 X 262 Pixels...is that to big???????
Actually the pixels isn't too bad but the bytes are just a bit high.
Here's the same pic cropped a little but more important the bytes have been cut by better than one half. 43,018 vs 19850.

On a dial up 28.8 or less dial up connection 23,168 bytes can be significant.
I should point out that your 43,018 was not too bad. Some of the photos of MOCer rigs were as high as 300,000 bytes and 800 pixels wide.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 02:03 PM   #22
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
http://montanaadministrator.forumco.com/topic~TOPIC_ID~10654.asp
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Sunseekers

Photos imbedded in posting

Is anyone else finding these large photos of themselves or their rigs getting a little old?
Could these photos be limited in size – after all we are going into this site to get information.
IMO it was very nice when we were allowed a small photo to the left of the article which help identify with the writer. I love the information and wish the imbedded photos would show a specific project, new rig or etc. but not be repeated every time the writer posts an article.
I do enjoy the photo gallery when I want to see photos!
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 02:20 PM   #23
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Wrenchtraveller

I like the photos and If I had more computer smarts I would post more of my own.
Rich and Helen , you are a great looking couple and you own a 2005 3 valve V10 like I do.
Ever go over to the FTE website and the V10 Forum. Great bunch of people and lot's of ex diesel guys like me . We have a ball. Take care, Don.
Yes I am on that forum and I do see your post there.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 02:22 PM   #24
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Glenn and Lorraine

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

The pic that we posted was our first try and doing this and we tried to keep it about the size of others, It is 43018 bytes and 395 X 262 Pixels...is that to big???????
Actually the pixels isn't too bad but the bytes are just a bit high.
Here's the same pic cropped a little but more important the bytes have been cut by better than one half. 43,018 vs 19850.

On a dial up 28.8 or less dial up connection 23,168 bytes can be significant.
I should point out that your 43,018 was not too bad. Some of the photos of MOCer rigs were as high as 300,000 bytes and 800 pixels wide.

Thanks Glenn that is better..makes me look a little smaller which is a good thing..
Old 12-16-2005, 02:31 PM   #25
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
We enjoy seeing each picture and the people that post. Please don't stop posting pictures.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 03:40 PM   #26
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Another thing everyone can do to not make people have to scroll over is to do more centering so pictures and weather things aren't side by side. Just enter center before and then /center after a picture or graphic. But put [ in front and behind word center.
Happy trails.................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 04:42 PM   #27
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
Sunseekers, I'm tending to agree with you. Things tend to get a little out of hand, including my own. I do enjoy the forum very much, and the sigs are not that important. You can still learn a lot from all the folks out there.
Rick
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 05:23 PM   #28
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
Sunseekers,
You must have known or suspected the response you would get to your post. On many of the boards I frequent there woud have been someone who would have insisted on flames. I think you will agree this is a real nice bunch of polite folks. That is the main reason i track this board several times every day when i am within connection range.

For my part, I like the board just the way it is --- Minimum rules, Mildely chaotic, entertaining, informative and fun.
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 05:38 PM   #29
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dave e Victoria

On many of the boards I frequent there woud have been someone who would have insisted on flames.
My experience is that they run in flocks, Dave. There is more than just one. I don't know why, but I get the distinct feeling that they circle like buzzards. Buzzards with bad manners, I might add. That's why I enjoy this forum. VERY civilized! Not sure why they let me in???
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 12:33 AM   #30
Sunseekers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #710
Send a message via Yahoo to Sunseekers
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dsprik

Quote:

On many of the boards I frequent there woud have been someone who would have insisted on flames.
My experience is that they run in flocks, Dave. There is more than just one. I don't know why, but I get the distinct feeling that they circle like buzzards. Buzzards with bad manners, I might add. That's why I enjoy this forum. VERY civilized! Not sure why they let me in???
For: dsprick & Dave & Victoria
Your comments were totally uncalled for!!
This topic did get some good discussion and some changes have been made by individuals. It was worth sticking my out my neck!
Relax and listen to other peoples point of view.
Sunseekers
Sunseekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 12:59 AM   #31
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

This topic did get some good discussion and some changes have been made by individuals. It was worth sticking my out my neck!
Sunseekers
Sunseeker, I believe you totally misunderstood what we were referring to. We were commenting on this forum's manners... we were not being critical of you at all. It is a very worthwhile topic, and it generated great discussion. Excellent job bringing this to the forum! We were just commenting on others response to this or any other topic where it could generate some kind of heated debate. I shouldn't speak for Dave above, but I believe what he is saying is that if you would have posted "Tired of seeing imbedded photos!" on most other forums, there are some on those forums who revel in being total jerks and confrontational loudmouths like you wouldn't believe. We are proud of the members of MOC that we can discuss controversial subjects without "flaming" others. You did realize that this was a controversial topic, didn't you? But a good one that actually caused changes on the Forum here for the good. Thanks!

And, speaking for myself, I am sorry that you thought I was being critical of you. I was not. Look at the changes your topic was a catalyst for!

Dave

*On Edit~ Maybe you misunderstood what I was talking about. Sorry. I was talking about confrontational people on OTHER forums other than MOC. Hope that clears things up.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 01:04 AM   #32
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sunseekers

Sunseeker, I believe you misinterpreted dsprick & Dave & Victoria replies. They were trying to convey that such a post as yours on any other forum such as RV.NET would have brought out the vultures and their flames. Where as here on the MOC there is no such thing.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 02:54 AM   #33
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
Sunseekers,
Sorry you took it wrong. Owe you a beer. Hope you like homebrew.
Dave
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 03:31 AM   #34
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Sunseekers,
Sorry you do not like the pictures. Personally I have nothing against them. I appreciate this forum for just what it is: an informational, friendly, helpful group of people. Please understand that the forum is open to all points of view and in no way do we want to degrade anyone's input.

For everyone else: Your pictures are fine, albeit some are quite large.
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 03:46 AM   #35
wileecoyote985
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2134
"I appreciate this forum for just what it is: an informational, friendly, helpful group of people."

I certainly second those sentiments. This is one of the friendliest, most helpful groups, I've had the pleasure to interact with.

Gary
wileecoyote985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 04:39 AM   #36
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
If you will give Glenn some editorial freedom he can cut your graphics down to a "friendlier" size as he did mine.Remember if you are using a slower dial up modem the graphics can take a while to load..Of course you CAN turn them off..we do,as a matter of course, when we are on the road and a dial up is all we can get.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:48 AM   #37
old turbo
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2486
I can tell the cold boring months are here, folks are starting to nit pick. I like the pictures,I do not have one, but thats my choice. I like seeing the pics, some older than a year could be changed,maybe that would help.
old turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 08:50 AM   #38
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Good point, old turbo. I got tired of seeing the same picture in my own signature after a while. It's always fun to see new photos.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 09:07 AM   #39
tollmann
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1824
I don't use pics in my signature as a matter of personal laziness. However maybe the old pics are a good idea cause some of us, like me, don't look as good this year as we did last year. Just kidding Glenn.
Hope to see all of you in Georgia next year.
tollmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 10:22 AM   #40
Lstierw
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3532
We love the posts and the pictures. We have learned so much and we feel like we know people we have never met. This is a great forum and we are very happy to be a part of it.......Les and Sue
Lstierw is offline   Reply With Quote