Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Polls
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2022, 08:36 AM   #81
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Guess I'll add my two cents. Am we full timers? I really don't know.

We deeded our house over to our son 2 years ago. So, technically the house is his. But we return "home" several times a year for doctor appointments, vet visits for the dogs, to vote, to do repairs and fixes on the camper, truck and oil changes. During the month of January, unless we've traveled South, we'll sleep in the house because the cost of propane is just too much to heat the camper when it's near zero degrees.

We were home a short bit last fall to get a fence installed, and I was home long enough to harvest more firewood (the house has a wood burning fire place used for heat). We were home a couple years ago to get a new roof installed, and will plan trips back home so I can wash the camper.

My wife still works full time, although from home now, so we take her employment with us on the road. I did this this also all last year (worked from camper), all over East of the Mississippi River. I retired in January 2022. But she still works, and her office is located about 25 miles from the house. So, we still have connection there.

So, does that make us full timers? Maybe in reality it does. But it doesn't feel like it. I suppose it's no different than someone who full times and is using one of their kids home as their permanent place of residence and returning there to help out from time to time?

DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote