Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2013, 08:58 PM   #1
TheScotts
Established Member

M.O.C. #13318
New Members from NSW Australia

G'Day

We are Gary & Sheree Scott from New South Wales in Australia

We are selling our home and going on the road full time around Australia for the next 20 years we hope - Gary not 50 yet.

Will be picking up work along the way here and there - not to much..lol

We want to get a Big Sky 3900FB to live in - once we sort out the outrageous amount of money the Australian sellers want to charge us - over $200,000.00 they want to charge us for this rig...grrrr

Hope to find out heaps on this forum and look forward to meeting you all on here...

Gary & Sheree Scott

TheScotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:52 AM   #2
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

You’ve certainly found the right place.
Just ask any questions you may have and the help is here.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:54 AM   #3
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Welcome to the forum. Good luck on your purchase.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:12 AM   #4
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Best of luck as you begin fulltiming!
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:34 AM   #5
Steve and Susie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12618
Good morning and welcome to the most informative web site there is, with many helpful MOC'ers here for info and Friendship. Sounds like you have quite a mountain to climb there to purchase a Montana. I assume most of the additional cost is in shipping and electric (amperage) conversion. Best of luck to you as you enter a whole new world of RV'ing. Happy Trails, Steve and Susie
Steve and Susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:50 AM   #6
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Cheers Mate. I was in Alice Spring, NT from Jul 04 till Aug 06. Are you going to stay on the Bitchem or take it on station roads too?
If you are going off Bitchem I do suggest the addition of the MorRyde Independent Suspension (IS) and of course their Hydraulic Disc brakes. The IS really smooths out the ride since each wheel is on its own suspension system instead of being tied together by the center MorRyde rubber spring.

Every question you have should have an answer here. MOC is a great family.

All of the Montana units are nice. I feel I would loose too much living room and kitchen space to that huge front bathroom.(just my opinion) I know other MOC members who have have purchased it. Have you actually been inside them or just shopping off the WEB? I was lucky to see the prototype at our Fall Rally last year in Goshen, In.

Welcome to the forum.

H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:55 AM   #7
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Welcome to the forum and good luck on fulfilling your dream to join many of us in the full time lifestyle. Montana's are great for full timing due to the large amount of storage space most models offer and this is the place to get answers from folks who've been there and done that. John has a point about the large front bedroom. If you go that route you'll be loosing space elsewhere so it's just a matter of what's important to you.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:48 PM   #8
TheScotts
Established Member

M.O.C. #13318
Well what a great morning here in Australia...beautiful sunny day and getting up to 30 today...could go for a swim...

More importantly, we were just so excited to see all the replies this morning to our first posts here on the Montana Owners forum.

DQDick - yes we realise the space in that bath takes some from the living but a good compromise for us as you say it's what is important to us...thank you.

H. John Kohl - We will be on the Black Top and not going off on station roads in this 5th Wheeler - will take off with our roof top tent for those situations - yes we know about the MorRyde and we really have to have our suspension substantionally upgraded for Australian roads and Air Brakes for this is the rule. We can only shop on the web but there are some great YouTube videos of the inside which gives us a pretty good idea. Thank you.

Steve and Susie - thanks for the warm welcome - mountains to climb indeed you are right the cost of shipping is around $15,000 - $20,000 so not substantial in the whole scheme of the prices asked here and mostly now Australian wiring (240v) can be put in at build so it is really a case of rip off, sad to say...Oh yes it will be entirely different for us who are used to our 22' caravan - that maybe the reason why with the front bathroom we don't think we are compromising on the living area - it's huge to us...ha ha!! Thank you.

1retired06 - NCFischers - Bill N Donna - thank you for your good wishes
TheScotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:05 PM   #9
sambam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13166
Welcome to the forum. I also am new here and have already tapped into the vast amount of knowledge these people have to offer. It's a great place to learn, there is just so much information to be had. I am picking my Montana up tomorrow and then can start to put all of this know-how to good use.
Good luck with all your plans. You're livin' the dream!

2010 Montana 3455SA, Mor/Ryde pin, wet bolts, TST 507, Progressive HW50C, GY G614
2019 Silverado D/A 3500HD LTZ DRW CC
B&W Companion
sambam is offline   Reply With Quote