Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 02-05-2006, 03:05 PM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Dianna Report

Yea, she's back. I don't do alone too well. Dianna had an extraordinarily rewarding trip to Bangladesh and India. Nothing like traveling to impoverished areas of the world to give one a different perspective and a new appreciation for the simple pleasures we take for granted (like private toilets and comfortable potties). She came home with stories that would make you cry and discriptions of heroic faithful servants who are trying so hard to help their people. Her life has been dramatically enriched. Thank you for you prayers.

She said that at an evening meal, one of her fellow travelers prayed, "Lord, thank you that we are still alive." It seems that Bondo is a growth industry because of the driving practices in Dhaka and other parts of Bangladesh. We have complained about the amount of pollution in Hong Kong, but she reports that it is nothing compared to the air over Dhaka or Calcutta. Attitudes can certainly change with different points of reference.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 06:04 PM   #2
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Stiles,
I'm glad she came back to you safely. A mission trip to a third world country is definitely eye opening. We have so much for which to be grateful here in the states.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 07:13 PM   #3
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Stiles, you can be thankful for your wife's return. In more ways than one. Glad to hear of her safe return.
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 02:28 AM   #4
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Stiles, glad that your wife made it back safely. I am sure that what both of you have seen would open the eyes of even the most jaded of Americans. We truly do not know how fortunate we are.

One of the novels I teach is Barbara Kingsolver's The Poisonwood Bible, which depicts the fictional story of a Georgia family's mission trip to Africa. One of the daughters is partially handicapped and is resentful of the fact that her siblings are "normal." Needless to say, her view of herself changes when she sees the condition of some of the Africans. Yes, it is fiction, but the point is still a valid one, just as you make in your post.
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 11:32 AM   #5
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Stiles, So glad to hear Dianna is home safely and has had a successful mission trip. Give her a special hug for all of us who had been keeping her in our prayers. I admire the mission both of you have untaken and I am sure your rewards will be great in the future. God bless you both!
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote