Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 04-09-2005, 04:40 AM   #1
Random Line
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7
Home again ---------

We reached Aberdeen last Saturday 4-2. Now at Lakeside Estates Park beside US 281 at south edge of town. Seems like we need that traffic noise in order to sleep at night.

Enjoyed our winter travels. Since we left Louisiana we enjoyed Biloxi, Ms,:

The area history, Jeff Davis house, Fishing industry Musseun, old houses, beach, seafood, etc. Friendly people too.

Fox's RV Park at Biloxi is a mixed bag. Great location for the area, close to the beach, intown, next to the Collesseum cheap seafood etc.
But right next to the E. W. Main rail line on the Gulf. So there are a couple dozen trains a day really whistling by. (50 ft from the back side of the first row of RVs and Campers. I have seen derailment pictures from other places around the country that would have totally obliterated the first row here. If you stay here ($375/mo) request the South row which will put you 200 ft from the ML track. If you are told that they have pull through sites remember that it means that the two center rows are just back to back so most tof the time backing in on some very narrow sites, off of a narrow street is the real situation. Just to add a little more challenge they haqve planted some trees too close to the front of the site.

Natchez, Ms: Great place. Especially durring the spring pilgimage.
We toured a lot of the old home, open houses, attented some of the pagents going on. More good food. Very friendly people. Stayed at the Natchez State RV park and campground, and good fishing lake. Not real big, but nice large sites in the new area, water and electric with a dump station. 2 week max. I think $11 per night for us seniors. Toured part of the Natchez trace, and saw a primitive earth construction that looked like a football field raised about 40 feet above the surrounding area with another 30 foot mound at each end. Lots of dirt work for a people that moved dirt one basketfull at a time. Also saw the Natchez City Cemetery a truly amazing place, very old very hilly and worth a visit. We hope to get baqce to Natchez another time or two. And this was our second visit. If you go go during spring or fall pilgrimage time.

Branson, Mo, We stayed at the City RV park 3 nights. No big name entertainment tin town. Just ongoing expansion. And good food.
We visited "Starvin Marvin's" buffet on the strip. Good deal for seniors, and very good food.

Then onto The Nebraska Furniture Mart in Omaha for a day of sight seeing for things we would like to have. Kind of like going through the Sears Christmas catalogue in the old days.

And then home to the Great American Desert and the relentless wind.
But there is no place like home and we thank God for a safe trip.

Almost forgot to thank Louisiana for doing a lot of work on I-10 over the past 3 years (in our experience) A great improvement. I-10 here is still rougher than about any other highway but the bad stretch is much shorter.

Also if I didn't praise the Rice Palace at Crowley, La as about our favorite place for a quick meal let me do it here.

Also thanks to some very nice Cajun folks we met athe the Lafayette, City RV park who taught us how to eat crawfish like an experienced Cajun. We learned that it is possible to eat 5 pounds of the little critters in a half our or less. Previously it took us several hours to accomplish this.

End of this report.

You all have a nice summer and safe and happy travels.

Random Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 05:52 AM   #2
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Sounds like a fabulous winter! And, some of these areas are upcoming on the Stevens list of MUST DO!

Congrats on a fine winter!

Carol & Al
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 06:23 AM   #3
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Thanks for the interesting report. We would like to see the south and your report give us some good information to consider. Sounds like you had a great winter.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 03:49 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
What, no trains there in Aberdeen? Sounds like you folks had a terrific trip, Jim and Freddie! I'm glad you made it home safe and sound. Speaking of home, is the new home done being built or are you living in the Montana for awhile yet?

Thanks for the report. I enjoyed the humor.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 04:13 PM   #5
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Freddie and Jim,
So glad you made it home. I know you're happy to be there. It is so nice to arrive home.... even if you don't have a "home" there yet. Have they even started? And how warm is it there?

Take care and we'll see you on down the road.

Dennis and Mary Kay
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 04:13 PM   #6
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
Congratulations on a safe trip. Hope to se You & Freddie in the Valley next winter.
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 05:28 PM   #7
Random Line
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7
[quote]Originally posted by sreigle

What, no trains there in Aberdeen? Sounds like you folks had a terrific trip, Jim and Freddie! I'm glad you made it home safe and sound. Speaking of home, is the new home done being built or are you living in the Montana for awhile yet?

-------------------

Steve; Dennis; Gene.....

Just slow freights through here. BN-Sante Fe hauling grain and coal.
No respectable Hobos would ride the rods through here.

Yes the house project is starting. Seems like Fredrica is the architect and I am the prime contractor. We are still finding our subs and material suppliers.

We expect to be "Montana" residents for most of this year.

We will be following you guys on the forum. If you or any other forum friends get into the area again give us a call.

Take care.
Random Line is offline   Reply With Quote