Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2006, 02:32 AM   #1
Montana_5562

M.O.C. #5562
washer/dryer combination machines

Okay, another request for info from all you knowledgeable rvers. Do any of you have the combination washer/dryer and if so, how well does it work????? Thanks again.

Montana_5562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 03:12 AM   #2
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
We have a Splendide 2100. This is the largest of the Spledide line and vents outside.

It works very well for us. It is a European front-loading design that uses a minimum amount of water. The loads that it takes seem small by conventional household standards, but we find that by doing frequent smaller loads of laundry in the trailer at times when we are doing other things (like first thing in the morning), we can keep up with our laundry quite nicely. You do have to take a bit different approach to laundry, don't let it build up until you have many loads to do, just do a bit every day or two. This also avoids having to store dirty laundry. We also like the fact that the Splendide does not take up all the W/D closet space, all of the upper part is still available for use.

As for the cost, yes the initial cost is high, but you do save on quarters. More importantly, you save on your own time by not having to hang around laundromats.

It is something that at one time we would not have even considered, now we would not be without it.

(Note: all this is said of the Splendide 2100 with exterior venting, we have no knowledge of other brands or models, but we have heard that interior venting models are not very satisfactory.)
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 04:23 AM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We also have the Splendide and agree with what John and Donna have said. We have the vented model but we almost bought the unvented as we had talked with several people who had them and loved them. When we were considering buying one I did an estimate of cost of doing laundry in a laundermat for a couple of years vs the cost of the Splendide. Over the long haul you will save money. Also you use less soap and softener.
Happy trails....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 04:56 AM   #4
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
We have the Majestic stackable. You can't do the loads that you do at home and you don't wait for a week at a time to do the laundry. Every few days I throw some things in and we seem to do just fine. I love it. Keeps me out of those nasty laundrymats that is for sure.
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 06:36 AM   #5
gkbutler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4049
Send a message via MSN to gkbutler Send a message via Yahoo to gkbutler
We also have the Splendide 2100 and agree with the other posts. It does take us longer to do laundry than going over to the laundromat, but is well worth the expense.
gkbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 01:37 PM   #6
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
We have the unvented Bendix (Splendide). We were going to buy a vented one but this one came available on the internet for FREE if I would remove it from the Bounder Class A it was in. These folks didn't use it and wanted the space. They were staying in a campground near my daughter in Tampa so I stopped in and we uninstalled it. It has found a new home in our Mountaineer TT. The Mountaineers do not come prepped for W/D so I removed the television from the entertainment center, put a flat panel TV in its place and put the W/D in the recovered space facing into the bathroom and plumbed in hot, cold and drain connections. We used it extensively while campground hosting last year and while doing disaster relief in Louisiana. Keep your loads small and it will clean and dry in about 2 hours. The dry cycle uses water to dry the clothes by using a condensing coil and pump. The machine uses only 10-12 gallons of water per load.

Here is a link to my installation:

http://www.geocities.com/fulltimedre...d_tv_inst.html

fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 03:50 PM   #7
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
I tried my outside vented Splendide for the first time last weekend. It is quiet,used very little water and I am happy we got it thrown in with our Monty purchase.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 07:56 AM   #8
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
We have Splendine 2100 and wife loves it. She had to have one since I got the gel coat high gloss feature. She uses it all the time, smaller loads like stated above but sure beats LM.
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 08:11 AM   #9
DiananColin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #447
Send a message via Yahoo to DiananColin
We have the Splendide 2100. Love it, wouldn't be without it. Yes, the comments about smaller loads is correct but definitely better than going to the laundry. I have a front loader washing machine in our home (I had one in England 40 years ago!!!) and as others have said they use less water and spin very much drier than top loaders. (The home ones take full loads unlike the 2100's) Diana
DiananColin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 12:52 PM   #10
Lstierw
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3532
We have the Majestic stackables and just love them. Started fulltiming 9 months ago and have never used a laundrymat. Not quite as fast but who cares. They do get the job done. Whether Majestic or Splendide..............
Lstierw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 01:02 PM   #11
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Les,
It is great to hear from you again, I was thinking of you the other day. Did you have Blue Crick install your washer and dryer? I will be there Tuesday for the de-winterization and a few other "upgrades'. =) Have been tossing around the idea of a washer/dryer for my coach... Well hope all continues to go well, we will see you back in town sometime this summer I hope.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote