Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 02-13-2009, 09:32 AM   #1
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Some of the stuff's I've been working on...

I got to looking at a neighbor's refrigerator vents in a kitchen slide, like ours. After a while I figured out that his slide is taller than ours. I removed the top vent and didn't like what I saw. Basically, since our slide is shorter, the refrigerator coils are actually getting close to being above the top of the vent as opposed to being below the vent so that heat can escape.

My solution was to wire up two 12v computer case fans. I purchased some angle aluminum at the hardware store and made a frame for the fans. I wired them up to a switch that I placed at the bottom of the fridge for easy access.

Then, I decided that Lippert's design for the sewer hose is pretty cool except for us Sewer Solution users. My idea was to use a short piece of sewer hose and connect to the ABS rigid pipe outlet, then attach my gate valve to the end of that after running the hose through the baffle/hose carrier. I used a radiator clamp to securely attach the gate valve to the end of the new piece of sewer hose. I also moved the sewer cap out out to the end as I intend to keep this set up the way it is.

Sill having a little more energy, I decided I wanted a water softener. But, I wanted a semi-permanent installation. I decided to put it behind the plastic surround of the convenience center. After cutting a hole in this plastic, I can add salt by removing the laundry basket and removing the inspection plate. I also have the discharge hose connected to a piece of clear hose that exits inside the conveniece center. I simply attach a hose and run the discharge until no more salty taste - turn the valve back to the coach side and we're good to go.

The next project is to install an auto drain on the galley gate valve. Keystone blew it when they decided to put the handle under the kitchen slide!

snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:47 AM   #2
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
You have been busy Michael. Very nice.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:07 PM   #3
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Michael, you have been busy and it looks great.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 02:20 AM   #4
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
What water softener did you use? How well does it work?
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 03:16 AM   #5
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Thanks, guys. Doug, it is a Mark 8000 and works very well - it uses one regular 26 oz container of table salt. I adapted it for semi-permanent installation; it is designed to be outside.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 03:37 AM   #6
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
Great pictures and nice work!!
Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:32 AM   #7
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Good work Pal, nice neat jobs.