Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 01-04-2008, 11:06 AM   #21
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
We've been members since January 6, 2006, so our anniversary is coming up on Sunday!

I was going to say that we have donated each of the two years we have been members; I looked up on PayPal and lo and behold, didn't do it the second year. So, just rectified it by donating today and will donate some more money in our third year of membership.

You may ask why I bring up the subject of donations? Simply put, this is a forum which has provided me with many valuable and enjoyable hours of perusal. I have made some friends here, and have even met a few in person. I do not generally join forums, as I am not interested in spending the time that it takes to keep involved with the various topics. The exception is this forum. I want the forum to keep going.

We joined the forum after we "stumbled" upon a Montana dealer's "show" and stepped into our 3400RL and met Charles Wade from Keystone. He pointed out the MOC and after getting home, I logged on and started reading and reading and reading and...Then I started to ask a few questions. The answers I received were of an informative and, equally as important, upbeat and positive, nature - even when dealing with problems.

To say that I was uneasy with the whole idea of pulling a 40' fifth wheel is an understatement. I didn't even own a truck at that point, because I thought I wanted a motorhome.

Based in large part on the content, positive membership and the curious administrative structure which keeps everyone on the same level, while at rallies, etc., we purchased our 2006 3400RL.

Nearly every day does not go by without at least reading the new posts on this forum. I even, at times, respond, when I feel that I have something to offer.

So, to sum up and actually address the topic, the MOC forum means to us:

A form of communication that is extremely valuable in its content, and which is specific to the Montana division of Keystone products;

A grouping of people with varied backgrounds and experience levels with RVing who are anxious to assist other members;

An opportunity to make and grow friendships with members of this forum and especially those that we have been lucky enough to meet in person.

The common thread of the above three statements is simply that: Our pride of ownership is extended and reflected through others who have the same pride in their Montana, Mountaineer, Big Sky (and Cambridge - that's for you, Lindy).

Thank you for allowing our opinions to be posted.

snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 01:05 PM   #22
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
I doubt that I can express myself to the magnitude of some of the above posts. How I found MOC was inside of a Montana buyer's guide at an RV show. I have always been sceptical of forums on the Internet but I did join this one to get insight into the Montanas as we were seriously considering buying.

I was also skeptical about my truck being able to handle the weight. This was the first question that I posted and the first to respond was Steve R. with a very positive response. The more I read, the more informed I became about the Montana and the positive outlook that all of the members had. Although there were issues the discussion gave great insight as what problems to expect and how to solve them.

As stated above, it seems like this is one huge family affair with lots of good folks in attendance. I usually get to log on a couple times a day, see what is new, the adventures and locations of different members. Although I have not attended one of the major rallies, I did get to meet several members in the RGV in Feb. 2006.

It is the common thread and bond that we all share and enjoy. Thanks Brad for starting this thread.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 04:12 AM   #23
deadeye
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6693
I guess I don't even remember how I found the MOC forum, but I enjoy parts of it. So that is the part that I read or give comments to. If I can help someone with my experiences, I'd be happy to. I enjoy some of the members post as being comical and very informative. So I seek them out and read them. I pass over a lot of them unless it is a do nothing cold day outside, then I read them just to see what they have to say. Some are to long of a post, so I skip. Like this one is getting to long for some of you to read....Later...JB
deadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 11:47 PM   #24
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
Through the sites in here I can tune in and meet folks, learn all kinds of stuff, not only about my Montana, but many other things that the rving community has encountered and has to offer. When I am unable to go and travel in my own rig, I can click and make a trip along with the members here. Pretty neat place. Thanks for mentioning.
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:12 AM   #25
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
I can't wait to log on each day and see how many pages the louvered tailgate discussion is up to.

Actually, there are only three sites I monitor regularly and this is the only RV site. Great people, great info and no flames
Dave
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:12 AM   #26
toolmanroy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1745
We were very enthusiastic when we became members of this group after purchasing our first (and only) Montana in 2004. We were one of the group of 3 who first started the Lake Siskiyou Rally, which has become a yearly event, and we enjoy seeing everyone at that rally every year and forming new friendships, though we are not ordinarily the type to join groups. Back in the early part of our MOC experience the posts were different than some of them are now. We have kind of backed off and not posted much recently. Some of that is due to our hectic work schedules. Roy retired from his business but is now working full time again, and we have other things going on that keep us busy and at home more than we would like. The other reason we have not posted as much is because there seems to be too much discussion on who should and should not join the forum and some other comments we have found too negative to our liking. We do not need to be judging why others have joined the MOC. If they are here they must have a good reason, and if they get something from it that is good. If they end up buying a Montana, that is nice but it does not affect me personally. As long as the topics stay on the positive/helpful side and are not judgmental or bashing the Montana, I don't personally care why they are here. It is not up to me to worry about it as that is why there are administrators of the forum, and we trust them.

I think it is nice to tell why we joined the forum and what we have gotten from the forum, and we enjoy reading those comments, but I think we should stop short of saying who can be on the forum. That is not for us to determine.

The MOC to us means a place to get help with or share our RV experiences, and meet some great people along the way. Hopefully the MOC will remain the friendly, welcoming place it was when we joined. I am sure that is no easy job for the administrators and moderators.
toolmanroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 03:02 PM   #27
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
I joined the MOC just after my first trip to the RV Dealer in June of 2006. I had never heard of Montana before. For me it was love at first sight. I fell in love with a Mountaineer that day. I did a search on Montana and this site was the first link in the search window. I stumbled on the forum section and the rest is history.

From these forums I learned things about my rig I never would have if I wasn't here. It is by the posts of the handymen around here which gave me the courage to try improvements on my own. It is so gratifying and I never would have tried this stuff without reading posts here. I like the fact it is where a large group of Montana, Big Sky and Mountaineer owners can come and talk about their unit. I don't have to wade through answers which deal with another brand to find another Montana owners answer. I get solutions to a problem quickly and the information is always good information. If no one has had the problem before everyone quickly becomes an expert on a solution.

I have talked to many people in the forums whom I never would have met otherwise. I have met a couple of people in person(Camping Crazy Shirley and her husband Craig). Two of the nicest people I have ever met. Good people. After meeting them I would do just about anything for anyone on this board.

I tend to say what is on my mind. I hope I have never offended anyone because that is my intentions. I do wish there was a restriction on dealers joining and contacting members. Dealers contacting members could chase some of our family away from the forums.

That’s what it is to me.
Phil
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 05:17 PM   #28
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
The Montana Owners Club
to me is another one of the blessings in my life.
I don't always have time to post or have much to add that's helpful.
Sometimes it gets a little crazy, and I have to put my boots on! LOL
This has been a place for learning about everything, which is great,
because in the beginning, we didn't know too much at all about 5th wheels!
Answers have always been just a post away.
Everyone has helped me and Dano become "experts" at all kinds of things that
we would have had no clue of what to do without you.
This forum gives us encouragement, technical help, new ideas, humor and great receipes!
We have met in person a few members so far and it is just the best feeling
to get a big ol bear hug from them!
We knew we had something special when we got our Montana.
What we didn't know at the time was what a fantastic family came along with it!
I think that we are a very unique group of people!
I'm really glad that we're here for each other
in this crazy mixed up world we live in!
Thanks for putting up with me, and for all your help, support, love, and prayers!
Love you guys!!
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:38 AM   #29
Joe-n-Doe
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7870
MOC to me is a community of people with many common and shared interests, predominately 1) ownership or interest in Montana trailers and other Keystone products and 2) the multi dimensional world of RVing.

What I appreciate most about MOC community is the how information is shared and the cordial manner in which everyone is treated. I don’t recall ever seeing any member flamed, or bashed. I have not witnessed any belittling answers to questions. And, I haven’t seen any of the bickering that is common on other forums. These are qualities that sets MOC apart from other RV forums and makes it a community.
Joe-n-Doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 01:04 PM   #30
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
MOC is genuine support, maturity and a place to visit frequently without wearing out my stay. Appeciative and inquiring as I am, it's been an oasis of patience, information and choices that all of you offer without a hitch. It has humor and the human element that is good. Thanks MOC. Dennis
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 01:50 PM   #31
jretz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6321
MOC to me is a place were people with common interests, The Montana and RVing in general, can get together and compare experiences, help one another, and have some fun. All though many of the members will never meet there is still the feeling of camaraderie. With full timers, semi-full timers, Part timers, weekenders, and many other imers, experiences of others can be examined as we extend the amount of time we use our Montanas and these experiences can help prepare others getting ready for what ever level of use the get ready to undertake. It is a place one can get technical advice when one feels technically challenged or when a problem arises that some brainstorming is needed to fix. It is a great example of "more heads are better than one" especially with the the wealth of knowledge and expertise in the total of the MOC's members.
jretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:25 PM   #32
HomeOnTheRoad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1104
Quote:
quote: I do wish there was a restriction on dealers joining and contacting members. Dealers contacting members could chase some of our family away from the forums.
If anyone is experiencing dealers contacting you through MOC without your asking them to please click on the envelope icon at the top of this post and tell me about it. Dealers are allowed to be members and to offer help in the forum but solicitation is not allowed. Thank you.
HomeOnTheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote