Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-27-2005, 07:30 PM   #1
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Dumb Me

Well I bent my landing gear in the front of the 2004, 2980RL drivers side.
What I need is the manufacture name for this Item so I can replace the complete leg assembly, so if you have a manufacture, web site, phone number. That is the one item I did not get in my owners packet.
I will never forget you, I'll put you in my will, but I dont expect to die real soon OK.

I did one stupid thing when hooking up today, Normally I lift the pin so that it just slides into the table, then I lower it then remove the chocks. Well I didn't do it that way at all this time I released the chocke, everthing was OK, I backed up but I didnt raise the pin high enugh so it lifted the trailer off the pads and it rolled off the leveling blocks and it bent the drivers side leg which was longer than the other side and it got bent. darn I just dont want to write about it any more. so if you can help me I will apreaceate it.

Thanks TT2

Old 08-28-2005, 01:08 AM   #2
MIMF2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3886
Don, just call Brian or Randy at our toll free number and they will set you up with a new driver leg. Check closely, you might just need a new inner. That is the portion with the holes thru the side the pins snap thru that the foot pads are attached to. If that is all you need, it will be a piece of cake.

Besides, I want to be in your will!
MIMF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 05:10 AM   #3
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Thanks for the info I know I need both because when I extract the legs I hear the motor straining and the inner leg wont go up but an inch or two I had to force it up just to transport it, I can still disconect but I have to but some large woor blocks under that leg, sorta like a person with elevator shoe. the number that you are telling me to call is that LCI? or another number.

Got it from the card attached to the Adobi File, I'll call Monday.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:37 AM   #4
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Well I called the company about the problem and they are shipping me a new leg assembly today, this is much quicker than the dealer I purchased the Monty from. I am sure lucky as far as getting the assembly so quickly from the manufacture, Thank you Brian.