Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 11-28-2006, 05:15 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Lake Havasu and Desert Bar links

I thought I would stick some links in here for some of you folks that may not know anything about the area.
The high desert is something fairly new for Sue and I, it's such a rugged area, the close by, tiered mountains are so rough, the changing lighting gives a different look each quarter hour. I'm sitting here at the keyboard glancing out at the beauty now.
It gets cool here in the high country at night, the hot Sun warms very fast in the mornings for a pleasant temperature swing.
Even here in the RV park, the wildlife comes to us. Last evening around 10:30, Sue stepped out to close the door and was greeted by Three Raccoons. Sue said they made their noises and were quite comfortable being close by. She gave them plenty of space. We have seen them while bicycling in the evening often, but never at our door.
There is another location nearby, with a crashed bomber from many years ago, accessible only by the small 4 wheelers or motor bikes. There is a geocache there with an ammo box for reading and depositing items for the next person.
One of the links attached is The Desert Bar. We plan on visiting it, as it is way back in the rocky rugged hills, on the site of an old mine. They use Solar and is quite primitive, we love to seek out these type of places when we travel.
Hope you enjoy the links.
Lake Havasu and Parker Arizona
http://www.geocities.com/desert_bar/
http://www.golakehavasu.com/visitors.html
Jim and Sue

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 05:34 AM   #2
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Hey Ozz, the old truck at the Desert Bar, maybe you could fix it up for a cool TV. Hahaha. It looks like a neat place.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 06:31 AM   #3
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
You've got to be more careful Lonnie - thats Ozz's Ford parked outside the bar. That Havasu heat really does a number on the paint
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 06:37 AM   #4
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Good one Brad, I forgot about the damaging effects of the desert sun. A little wax should get er back to normal though, lol.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:12 AM   #5
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Not too far off, guys.
Ozz
Oh, and Lonnie, you better get back up front and sell some tires.....
Old 11-28-2006, 07:30 AM   #6
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Thanks Ozz, I knew there was something I needed to do today, just couldn't remember what it was, .

It looks like you guys are really having a good time in the sun. Remember us poor folks when it's in the teens and blowing snow tomorrow night.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:35 AM   #7
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Your day will come, I have put my time in the barrel.
I was telling some poor guy I cornered, about me changing out a heat exchanger on a rooftop unit in a Mexican restaurant we had as a customer, a week before the first of the year. I had to dig out my torch, thaw out the lock on my truck ladder, put the ladder up and lay cardboard down on the 12" of snow so I could lay my tools down and not lose them, then tear apart a rooftop Heating and Cooling unit, to change the innards out.
That was then, this is now.......
Ozz
Old 11-28-2006, 10:08 AM   #8
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
I remember that Ozz - had to use gloves to get conduit out of the truck or it became a permanent part of your hand. Or leaving the fire hose at the scene after it became a permant attachment in the street.

Not sure I have progressed very far - still stuck in front of this #%&*#computer. Kind of miss the outdoors. But if I could pick and choose outdoors, it would be Havasu right now, with a cold one in the SeaRay cupholder watching all those little squigglies on the fishfinder!

Brad
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote