Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-31-2017, 05:48 AM   #1
RisingEagle

M.O.C. #19618
New Member - Grovetown, GA

Greets all

New forum member, and new 5th wheel owner. I traded up from a truck camper (Host Bachelor - great little truck camper) to give the wife and I a bit more space.

Even when I bought the truck camper, the plan was always to buy a 5th wheel eventually - so I reckon the truck camper was sort of an intermediate stop.

I drive a 2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn edition, crew-cab short-bed 4x4. It's an amazing truck (at least to me) and was my retirement gift from being in the Army for 28 years. (retired about two years ago). I had a B&W turnover ball hitch installed, and bought a B&W slider companion - I figured it's better to have a slide and not need it, than to need and not have it.

On Saturday we bought a 2017 Montana High Country 305RL. I was originally working with dealer_A, who just didn't seem to want to follow up with emails - so I wound up going to Camping World about two hours away. The purchase went well, got what I consider a good price on the camper (same price you see everywhere - the 'sale' price), got a decent price on the trade-in (what I paid for it) and they even took a personal check for it (we've been saving up for quite a while).

I did buy the Good Sam warranty and other (probably unnecessary) support features - my wife especially liked the service of they would drive the rig back home if I became unable to. No way does she ever intend to drive this thing, she doesn't even like driving the truck. I also like I don't have to use CW for service - closest one is about an hour away - we have a local dealer here who I believe is Keystone-valid.

Anyway here she is - don't mind the golf cart that seems to be stuck in the back, that's just the salesman parked there to bring me the keys as I hooked up

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wqo8zoogvo...amper.png?dl=0

looking forward to the first trip!

RisingEagle

RisingEagle is offline   Reply With Quote