Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-01-2017, 05:48 PM   #1
Jim55
Established Member

M.O.C. #19907
Montana vs Alpine

Hello, I'm looking at replacing my current RV. I like Montana and I also like Alpine. I can't figure out what the difference is between the two. I've had a Montana/Alpine dealer tell me the Alpine is the higher quality of the two and then a Montana only dealer tell me Montana is the better of the two.
Neither dealer could support their position with any argument that made any sense.
Can anyone explain the difference?

Thanks
Jim

Jim55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 05:55 PM   #2
tspoon
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8973
the Montana has this great user group that will tell you what problems to look for and how to fix it.
tspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 06:06 PM   #3
adams7806
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18681
We had an Alpine and now have a Montana. We feel that the Montana is a much better rig. There are some small things like the wood blinds in the Alpine, Montana has slow rise shades. The flooring in our Monty seems much better. Yes, we've had a few small issues with our Monty, but nothing like the Alpine. The interior storage in the Monty is substantially more, with longer, deeper drawers. Just our personal opinion, but we are so much happier with the Montana.
adams7806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 06:15 PM   #4
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
I have been looking at both. I'm not seeing much difference in the important things. One important thing ~ Montana dealers I've been in contact with are more willing to deal than the Alpine dealers I've seen. Build seems about equal. A couple Alpine seem to have a "prettier" trim according to my wife. In the end ~~ we pick up a Montana on the 12th.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 07:21 PM   #5
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Check out this post from 2013, specially post #9 Clicky
It might be a little dated but does show there are differences. Remember this was a competitive analysis performed on behalf of Montana.

You should also do a "Search" as this questions has been asked before

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 07:52 PM   #6
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
I think the Alpine is a wide body and I think you can order more top of the line items than you can with the Montana unless you are getting the BigSky. By that I mean AC heat pumps, awnings with the aluminum cover etc. One of the Alpines I looked at had some insulation shoddy work issues as you could see sunlight right above the fridge. I can't remember if the both have the same ceilings but I think the Alpine is a flat ceiling. Good luck and whichever one you get go over it with a fine toothed comb during your PDI.

Tom Marty
Old 06-01-2017, 08:06 PM   #7
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Several years ago we took both factory tours and at that time we determined, for ourselves, that the Alpine was cool looking inside, but the infrastucture was cheaper. Not sure where they are at now, but our new rig being picked up tomorrow is another Montana.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 08:05 AM   #8
Jim55
Established Member

M.O.C. #19907
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl n susan View Post
Check out this post from 2013, specially post #9 Clicky
It might be a little dated but does show there are differences. Remember this was a competitive analysis performed on behalf of Montana.

You should also do a "Search" as this questions has been asked before
That was helpful, thanks
And thanks to all for your responses.

Jim
Jim55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 09:07 AM   #9
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
We agree with Dick that the Alpine has more bling rather than quality compared to a Montana. The new copper looking range hood shroud is very cool and there are a few more options available as well such as a dishwasher. Also standard 50" tv but the last time we checked the specs the Montana came out on top.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 12:56 PM   #10
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
You'll have to decide for yourself. Here, you'll hear mostly good about the Montana as you will from the Montana sales person. On the Alpine site you'll hear mostly good about their coach...same from their salesman.

Have you asked this question on a forum that is not make/model specific?
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 04:56 PM   #11
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
It is kind of like the Montana/ Everest comparison.I think the Everest changed to the Alpine a few years ago. Same plant, same workers just a name change. The Everest had some things that looked nicer than the Montana but they were pretty much the same RV.I feel the same about the Alpine/Montana. In 2005 I would have purchased either the Montana or Everest brand but Everest dealers were few and far between.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 07:22 PM   #12
topjustice
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19835
I have a 2014 Alpine 3600RS 39 ft. Both Alpine and Montana are rated equally as luxury 5th wheel units by Keystone. In my opinion they are comparable in quality and features. It is a little wider than the Montana. I am planning on selling my unit later this summer so I can purchase a Montana 3791RD only because I like the newer layout and features. The advantage of the Alpine is that it costs a little less and you get many of the optional Montana features as standard equipment. i have had virtually no issues with the Alpine and I think either unit is great and it's a matter of personal preference. Did I mention that my Alpine may be available?
topjustice is offline   Reply With Quote