Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 03-04-2013, 12:55 PM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Norcold 1210 ( NOT FIXED)

Well Sunday when John Kohl visited us here in Vegas I discovered that the Norcold was in fact NOT FIXED. So this morning I called Good Sam CSP and they gave me a service provider here in Vegas without any hassle. However this particular service outfit is way down in Henderson and they couldn't get here till Thursday. I checked with a few of the folks here in the CG and was given the # of a mobile service guy that does most of the work here in the CG and gave him a call. 2 hrs later he is knocking on my door. He asked a bunch of questions about how it has been acting and after i told him that I had replaced 2 thermistors in the last 2 weeks he checked it out and said that is a sulfate or sulfite crystal blockage in a narrow spot in one of the lines. Good Sam CSP is going to replace the cooling unit and the service guy said he could have the new cooling unit here by Thursday if there is one at the California warehouse. If there isnt one in California then he could have one here by Monday or Tuesday. So far everything has been extremely easy with this small disaster. The folks here at the Clark County Shooting Complex are also very helpful. Our boss went home and brought back a 4 ft high dorm style fridge to hold our surviving food from the fridge and one of the neighbors has all the frozen food in his chest freezer. Other than the weather out here we LOVE it. Everybody is so helpful. I will keep you informed on the progress of the repairs..

Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:01 AM   #2
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
Good news, Dave. Service guy who knows what's wrong and is working to get you back in service. Good luck!!! Nice of your neighbors and colleagues to be so helpful, too.
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #3
ole dude
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7128
Nothing matches good customer service and obliging neighbors. When folks are in need.
ole dude is offline   Reply With Quote