Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 06-19-2023, 06:09 PM   #1
Jamesb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21011
Need to find exterior slide trim piece

Our FW is is the standard brown / beige / tan colors like the all were at the time purchased in 2018. Today at a State Park in NC a mower chunked a golf ball size rock and peppered our FW causing several scuffs and scratches. Luckily the major damage was on the aluminum trim piece that goes around the slides. I’m not sure what they are called? Where would I start to look for this part? And also, do you think they come already in this tan color? Anyone have any experience with this piece? TIA.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5602.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	14788   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5601.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	210.2 KB
ID:	14789   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5600.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	14790  

Old 06-20-2023, 06:06 AM   #2
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
I think this might be that piece from Trekwood.com. They show 3 different lengths. If this dent was in my RV - I would just live with the dent rather than attempt a replacement install. Most likely the replacement part is white and you will have to paint it.

I have no idea if this would be a simple “static” replacement or not…you know…remove the screws, pry the old part off and put the new one on without supporting the slide box from the bottom. Not sure what you might need to do to keep the wall, roof and floor in place so they don’t shift or move when you take the corner frame off. Pay attention to the caulked edges so you will know exactly where to caulk and seal it back to prevent leaks.

I would live with the dent.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1566.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	14796  
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 05:50 PM   #3
Jamesb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21011
I forgot about Trekwood.com for this part. NC state is paying for the repair, and believe me, it’s going to be fixed right. But I don’t know how. There is even a small piece of decal on it that will need matched. This FW is practically brand new looking, always indoors, washed and waxed all the time. Plus I’m a little OCD. Thank you for your information!

QUOTE=Mikendebbie;1276011]I think this might be that piece from Trekwood.com. They show 3 different lengths. If this dent was in my RV - I would just live with the dent rather than attempt a replacement install. Most likely the replacement part is white and you will have to paint it.

I have no idea if this would be a simple “static” replacement or not…you know…remove the screws, pry the old part off and put the new one on without supporting the slide box from the bottom. Not sure what you might need to do to keep the wall, roof and floor in place so they don’t shift or move when you take the corner frame off. Pay attention to the caulked edges so you will know exactly where to caulk and seal it back to prevent leaks.

I would live with the dent.[/QUOTE]
Old 06-20-2023, 07:31 PM   #4
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
James, you might try your dealer ordering the part also and compare pricing. Trekwood may have it BUT their freight is outrageous for shipping items to owners. See what a dealers cost and freight would be before ordering from Trekwood. Good luck and hopefully the mower driver doesn't get fired on this mistake. This is why a lot of the mowers in parks are putting on hanging chain guards to protect from flying debris that the mowers pick up and wheel out the shoot!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote