Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2008, 11:55 AM   #41
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49

dsprik.... The "Montana" wording on the nose of your rig could be from older stock and the rest from newer stock or when Avery has an upgrade to their product and passes it on to the graphic company like Burlington?
*I don't know* *shrug* Not sure if that one can be figured out.

I think if I was you with the newer rig, I'd take pictures of it and ask your the dealer to pass it along to Keystone and see if you could get it replaced. Don't wait like we did. And if the dealer won't pass it along, contact Keystone yourself. Hmmmm... Isn't there a post from someone talking about how Keystone is replacing the front graphics as "customer service" goodwill?

Margee, again.
(not Doug)

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 02:42 PM   #42
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Thanks, Margee. That makes sense on the older graphic material. They sent me the new Montana name graphic. Hope it is of the newer material.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 11:21 AM   #43
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by eeoski

I would imagine the reason Keystone is quick to jump on the decal replacement is that it is FREE advertising for them...we are all rolling billboards for the company and their product. REAL cheap investment for them for the likely return. As has been alluded to already, if it looks good, it sells better! (This isn't a "ping" against Keystone, I like the fact they are amiable to providing/installing new graphics when the others fail/wear out. It is just one of the realities of business...more exposure to the public, usually results in more sales.)

Now, if they could just create non-mildewing plastic exterior trim! LOL

Robin
Not only are good decals good advertising, bad decals are bad advertising, too.

J.D. you have been missed. Vicki and I have a couple of times wondered where you are and what you are doing. Please tell Marsha and John 'hi' for us.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:30 AM   #44
Wiarton William
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7790
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by D and M On The Road

dsprik.... The "Montana" wording on the nose of your rig could be from older stock and the rest from newer stock or when Avery has an upgrade to their product and passes it on to the graphic company like Burlington?
*I don't know* *shrug* Not sure if that one can be figured out.

I think if I was you with the newer rig, I'd take pictures of it and ask your the dealer to pass it along to Keystone and see if you could get it replaced. Don't wait like we did. And if the dealer won't pass it along, contact Keystone yourself. Hmmmm... Isn't there a post from someone talking about how Keystone is replacing the front graphics as "customer service" goodwill?

Margee, again.
(not Doug)
Thats what I did.....a digital photo to the dealer and then it went to Keystone.......as someone mentionned a few posts ago.....this decal/graphic is a poster or billboard..it indicates to the world what unit this is....if it looks like crap then its possible to form a quick opinion that the body holding the graphic is crap too...
Wiarton William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:53 AM   #45
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
This is an interesting thread. We’re also dealing with pealing problems (2002 model 3295rk/rl). You can add ours to the list of peelers. We were aware of this problem when we purchased our unit but weren’t too concerned with that. We had no idea there was such an issue with this problem though.

Maybe we need to use a “stick on states” map to represent all of the areas that are affected (lol).

I did as one poster had stated; where someone had advised them to carefully trim around the edge where it was pealing. That didn’t make it look any better; the jagged edges looked just as bad as where it was pealing if not worse. That was last fall and now the pealing seems to be continuing anyway.

Since it’s in for service anyway I asked for an estimate on the cost for the replacement of the graphics that are bad. I had checked some time back and the ones I asked about were around $600 to replace so these figures I’m hearing on hear are probably about what can be expected.

I’m not sure that I’m willing to spend that amount just to make it look good. At least the graphics don’t leak and get water inside!

Also, I have a hard time dealing with paying for a decal when it advertises for someone else!
Old 04-29-2008, 11:55 AM   #46
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I will be getting an estimate on replacing the "Montana" graphic only. The other graphics still look brand new as stated above.
Old 05-05-2008, 03:59 AM   #47
Still_waters
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1030
My graphics are also peeling on my 2004 2955RL. I would like to take the nose graphics off and have a scene painted there. Anyone know how to remove them?
Still_waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 05:06 AM   #48
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Bob, I'll bet whoever you get to do the mural will know how to prepare the surface, which I'm sure would include knowing how to remove the decals and glue.

I'm curious as to what kind of a price you are quoted for something like that. Might not be a bad way to go instead of decals.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:26 AM   #49
Still_waters
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1030
Dave,
Havent got a price quote yet. We have a business here that does that kind of work. The price may change my mind. Will let you know when I find out.
Still_waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 06:03 PM   #50
Thunderman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #920
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Wordsmith

One of my concerns is that the Montana IS a 2003, so I suppose that vintage still being in stock could be problematic. If I can at least get them, though I have to put them on myself, that would be better than the way it is going right now, because in the not too distant future the nose cap will be solid white!
`````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````
They had decals in stock for my 03. They furnished the decals and I had to furnish the labor to install. I did have to go thru a dealer first and they were going to charge me for the decals. Keystone ask me to send photos which I did, they then sent the decals.
Thunderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 01:58 AM   #51
EJH
Established Member

M.O.C. #7737
Nose cap decals are pealing on our new 2007 3295Rk, same on order thru dealer, to be installed by them upon arrival. This unit was purchased last fall and parked in the yard, no trips yet.

ejh
EJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 07:45 PM   #52
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49

For the conclusion to our peeling/cracking graphics problem, please go read the thread at:
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29015

You'll be glad you did...

Margee.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:45 AM   #53
dcowie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3207
Interesting thread. My front graphics are all peeling, and now the sides have begun.
Montana customer service said the only way to remove the decals and the glue is with a heat gun.
I wounldn't think that method is a job for a novice.

Doug
dcowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 08:53 AM   #54
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dcowie

Interesting thread. My front graphics are all peeling, and now the sides have begun.
Montana customer service said the only way to remove the decals and the glue is with a heat gun.
I wounldn't think that method is a job for a novice.

Doug
Hair dryer works just as well and does not get as hot.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 09:53 AM   #55
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Burlington Graphics has some other ideas on how to remove graphics. Give Don Jacob at Burlington a call or email and ask him.

Old 06-14-2008, 09:54 AM   #56
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Well I am just sick after being on fire and the flex problem, now I have nasty looking M O N T A N A on the front cap and on the curb side by the bedroom window. All the rest of my decals look great. Just hope I can get them off.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 03:48 PM   #57
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Walt, These guys do this for a living, not as an aside in a body shop. www.dontdriveugly.com . They have a great page or two on removing and installing decals, the right way...... They did an EXCELLENT job on my truck.....Check them out....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 04:34 PM   #58
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
I'm curious as to what model year has experienced the peeling decals. It appears to me, and I've mentioned this before, that the older models like ours (circa 1999 - 2000) did not have this problem. This leads me to believe only one thing: the supplier of the decals changed their adhesive backing. Am I wrong? What say you?

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 06:00 AM   #59
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Welcome back. My understanding is that you can order the decals through your dealer. I removed mine myself with a heat gun and a lot of elbow grease along with some goo-gone. I hired a sign company to re-install the new graphics that Keystone sent me to replace the curling ones. Installation was easy for the pro, I would not attempt to install the large graphics, the smaller ones are not a problem to put on.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 06:27 AM   #60
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
ols1932,

Somewhere in the dark recesses of my clouded and leaky brain, I think I remember they changed vendors on the graphics. So far, our very early 2004 graphics are ok too. About 3 months after our purchase they changed the graphics, and either the glue or vendors and the trouble started.

Also thought I remembered that they changed vendors again?? or the glue???

Remember, clouded and leaky brain!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote