Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2006, 06:15 PM   #41
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I have a semi-confidence in our unit as it has a June 2006 mfr date. So far, so good.

dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 12:11 PM   #42
scattershot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5329
Home now, parts were here, just need to call back and set the appointment for Sears to repair the unit. Will keep you posted.
scattershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 04:59 PM   #43
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We also absolutely love the 1/2 time oven. If we ever have to replace this one, does anyone else make a 1/2 time oven?

Ours seems to be one of the later ones without all the problems.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 08:15 AM   #44
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Steve
When we thought maybe we would have to replace ours, I did a lot of research. I could not find a 1/2 time that was small enough to fit in the Monty. I found some microwave/convection combos but they were not 1/2 time ones. And most would not fit or were not design to be in a cupboard.
Happy trails....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:52 AM   #45
fc5v
Established Member

M.O.C. #3774
We are trying to get our second microw. fixed. only had unit since Aug. most of the time since then its been at the dealer for fixes....That's another story!!
Just talked with dealer. They had a three way call with Apollo and keystone. Apollo says they are unaware of anybody els having problems with their ovens!! Only ours has moisture problems & inside door trim that warps and won't allow the door to close or the oven to work!! The first one just died after the inside door trim warped. This one just holds the door open so that nothing works unless you slam it hard enought.
anyway I thought you all would like to know that apollo told keystone and our dealer that no one els is having problems with their ovens!
fc5v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 01:07 PM   #46
scattershot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5329
Oh, yeah? Talk to Lynn at Midwest sales. She wouldn't come right out and say it, but I got the impression that lots of folks are having problems with these units.
I talked with her today, by the way, and she set up an appointment for Sears to repair my unit. This is the kicker, though. I have to remove the decorative bezel from around the unit, and replace the door seal myself. (?) Anyway, I asked her if she would replace the parts if I damaged them , and she said they would.

The story continues........
Old 10-17-2006, 12:15 PM   #47
scattershot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5329
Here's the latest installment.... The Sears guy came today, and dinked around with the unit for four(!) hours, at which time he said he would need a better wiring diagram, and when I got it from the Apollo folks, to call him back for another appointment to check it again.

I called Lynn, and explained that my cleaned and winterized unit had to be put back in service and towed from the storage lot in a driving snowstorm, so this clown could throw up his hands after four hours and leave me with a 35# box of electronic parts. She was aware of the request for a diagram, but I told her that at this point I didn't know what shape the half time oven was in, and I wanted a new unit. I told her I would return the box of parts that Sears left me with, and she could figure it out from there.

Long story short, they are sending me a new half time oven. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:35 AM   #48
scattershot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5329
New half time oven arrived via FedEx yesterday (10/26). As soon as the snow melts, I'll plug it in and see if this one works. Pretty frustrating ordeal, but I guess you gotta be patient with these things.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:12 AM   #49
Bobcat
Established Member

M.O.C. #6048
Good luck with the new oven. Ours is at the dealer along with one of our recliners.
Bobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 05:28 AM   #50
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
To this point in time, we have had no problem with our unit. Of course, it may conk out today at lunch....who knows.

Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 05:38 AM   #51
scattershot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5329
Native Tex, that's what happened with us. Worked fine one evening, then wouldn't work the next morning.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:23 AM   #52
scattershot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5329
Well, we're finally at the end of the saga. I installed the new unit today. It was just a drop in, anout 10 minutes. It works, so keep your fingers crossed that it will continue to do so.

Apollo does seem to stand behind their product, I'll give them that. BTW, mfg. date on the new one is June '06.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:22 PM   #53
jsrang
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1726
Our Microwave has failed again. This time the breaker had tripped when we went to use it. When the breaker was reset, there was no power through the unit, ie no clock. I suspect that it might be the fuse. I pulled the unit out to check the fuse but don't see it anywhere. (I tried rebooting but to no avail and the door gasket is ok). If anyone knows where the fuse is located please respond back or PM me. If it is not the fuse, I'll be on the phone with Apollo.
jsrang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 04:47 PM   #54
jsrang
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1726
UPDATE! The Technician checked out our microwave that failed on Nov 27 (see above) and found it too expensive to repair, so our extended warrantee company, Star Ins is replacing it. Should have it in 3-4 days.

Jim
Old 12-12-2006, 01:16 AM   #55
rvfirefighter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5314
For those with Appollo problems, I was in Home Depot last night. They have a convection oven, stainless steel, should fit, appears to be the same dimensions as the Appollo for $119.00.
I had problems with the first 4, but this one is hanging in there. I probably should not have said that. That will curse this one.
rvfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 08:47 AM   #56
mobilrvn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2056
See our earlier post in this thread for a suitable Apollo replacement. Any oven that uses the microwave and convection oven at the same time is the same as "1/2" time. Just check the cooking times. We sure like having the grill feature on the GE for grilling, of course, and browning.
mobilrvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 02:10 PM   #57
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Helen is cursing the Apollo as we speak.She is attempting dinner and the thing will get hot..shut off and she has to wait for it to cool down.
A "little thing"
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 01:23 PM   #58
jsrang
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1726
UPDATE! Well we got our new replacement installed and is working OK so far. As a side note, the new unit came in with the special 20 amp plug, which is different from the original - Required changing out the wall outlet. So far so good! Also, our extended warrantee company came through again without a hitch.

Jim
Old 12-15-2006, 12:44 PM   #59
wileecoyote985
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2134
I'm getting in on this thread a little late. Our Apollo 1/2 time broke on our 1st trip south. Wife tried to open it to put something in to heat and it wouldn't open. Of course I pulled the unit out to find that several of the screws were the tamper proof type that requires a special bit.

We called the Apollo customer service and they wanted us to take it to the repair shop and pay for repairs and seek reimbursement from them. As it was near the end of our trip we did without until getting home. I ordered a tamper proof bit set and opened it up to see what was wrong.

BTW I'm sure glad it didn't break with food in it. Would have been a little rank by the time I got her open.

Turned out that the latch mechanism (which is made out of plastic) had broken. Some sheet aluminum and JB Weld and it was back in operation.

I'm still using the Apollo and like the concept, BUT the unit itself certainly isn't of very high quality.
wileecoyote985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 01:23 PM   #60
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Three different things broke on our unit this trip..not to mention the "latch" replacemant.Willee..Apollo will send you a "new improved latch"
I want nothing from apollo..this "thing" is going in the trash and we will purchase one that works. We will communicate our displeasure to Apollo and Keystone.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote