Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 01-06-2006, 06:55 AM   #1
jimcar827
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4829
Superior,WI and Duluth,MN

We will be traveling west on US2 from Michigan next July and are looking for a nice CG in either Superior, Wisconsin or Duluth, Minnesota for a 2 day r and r.
We will require water and 30=50 amp services.
Thanks all,
Jim and Carla

jimcar827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 01:05 PM   #2
Roman4
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3018
We have stayed at Ogston's RV Park in Saginaw MN (just west of Duluth) and found it to be clean and well-run. It doesn't have cable TV or a lot of other amenities (at least not as of last summer), but it is convenient to Duluth.
Roman4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 03:04 PM   #3
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Hi Jim and Carla.....I lived in Duluth for 56 years so I can tell you my favorite places. Ogston's as Harmon mentioned on Hwy 53 is convenient but when We go home (I mean back) to the area we always try to stay in Two Harbors, MN which is a short way up Highway 61 at the Burlington Camp Ground. They have full service sites that back up to Lake Superior. I just love it. July is the best time in Duluth as far as warmth (Fall is the most beautiful). I did a full story with lots of pictures on our web site if you want to see what it is like. Go to page 1 for our Sept. 9th entry. There is a real nice camp ground in Superior on Hwy 2 also but I can't remember the name. I can sure try to find out though if you want me to.

If you do want to try the Burlington, I would make reservations ASAP. July is very busy.
Tell them you want the FHU at the far end backing up to the lake. I think the numbers are 99, 100 or so. I will look them up if you pm me.

adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 01:50 PM   #4
Ontheroad
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #551
Ditto on Ogston's RV Park.
We stayed there in August 2004 for a week and loved it.
Not to far from Deluth, but out in the country.
Ontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote