Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2005, 05:20 PM   #1
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Tomorrow we head north on the Alaska Highway

We are in Dawson Creek and will start up the Alaska Highway in the morning. We had our picture taken under the sign and marker in the middle of town so we meet all the requirements. We've seen so much already but really feel that this is a milestone in our trip.

We posted new pictures http://bamatravelers.blogspot.com

jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 06:46 PM   #2
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Judy ... what "requirements?"

By the by ... you're pictures are FABULOUS!!!
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 05:13 AM   #3
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Vicki, I should have said "traditions". Everyone has their picture taken under the arch. It's a tradition that Glen didn't want to miss.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:58 PM   #4
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Judy the wife and I are green with envy. Hope you and Glen have a wonderful and safe journey. The pictures are just wonderful. I look forward to you guys next report. Happy RVing.
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 06:23 PM   #5
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! That makes sense! I love that kind of thing. Thanks!

We drove the Going to the Sun Road today. It took us about five hours just to get to Logan's Pass and we were beat from jumping in and out of the truck and scrambling around to get pictures. So we headed for St. Mary to have dinner, skipping almost all of the stopping places after Logan's Pass. We'll just drive it again ... after all, today was just our first full day here. We did find the most perfect "lunchroom of the day" by Lake McDonald ... absolutely FABULOUS!!!
Old 07-16-2005, 01:28 AM   #6
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Judy, We gotta agree with Native Tex on the green with envy thing. As our trip to Alaska is somewhere down a distant road we are going to live the adventure through your postings and pictures. Judging from some of the beautiful pics you have already taken I think this is going to be one beautiful voyage.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 03:02 PM   #7
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
jrgwdenner--Those are great pictures. I sure wish we could tag along. That is one of our dreams to go to Alaska someday.

Steve & Vickir--take lots of pictures also. We were suppose to go to Glacier last month and had reservations in Hungry House also but had to cancel. Going to give it try next year.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 03:28 PM   #8
Montana_4027
Established Member

M.O.C. #4027
What a great trip!! We are loving the blog and pictures!
How are you connection to the Internet? How much are you paying for diesel fuel? I know it is really high in Canada.
We will be looking forward to your blog posts! Let us know about any problems, also.
Have a safe trip.
Montana_4027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 10:04 AM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Tbhd, Vicki took 213 pictures yesterday alone! Only a handful will make it into the postcards, though. I do have to say Glacier National Park is absolutely incredible. There is no superlative adequate to express the magnificence of this place. I am already looking forward to taking some of the unpaved roads to the off-the-beaten-path locations in the park. Plus as many hikes as we can do.

This is one of my favorite pictures from our first day in the GNP. It's hard to choose just one. I cut this down in size both physically and in filesize (quality) to work in Vicki's postcards. But wanted to share this magnificent place with you all. This is Wild Goose Island on St. Mary Lake in Glacier National Park. This shot was taken from a pullout on Going to the Sun Road.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 12:09 PM   #10
FireTruckerWife
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1629
Wait till you see Banff and the Canadian Rockies. You are going on up there aren't you?
FireTruckerWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 01:03 PM   #11
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Sharon ... although we'd love to do the Canadian Rockies, it's going to have to wait for another trip. We have reservations in Yellowstone following our time here in Hungry Horse and the Rally in Reno, so those commitments pretty much restrict us time-wise. In addition, we learned today that Steve's 80-yr. old mother has been hospitalized and although she's only being kept for observation, we don't want to be any farther from his parents' home than we already are (1500+ miles), at least for the immediate future.

We'll just have to add this to our ever-growing list of places we want to experience!
Old 07-18-2005, 11:16 AM   #12
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Sharon, you are right about Banff and Jasper. I thought we'd seen everything in Glacier but all I can say about the Canadian Rockies is WOW! Don't want to rain on Steve and Vicki's parada because Glacier is also awesome.

I am able to get online with my laptop now because some nice young man at this connection center in Watson Lake is bending the rules a little. In most places we can get our email but we can't get on the forum because of the cookies thingy, etc. Sure wish they could change that log on difficulty.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:35 AM   #13
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Judy, no problem. We enjoy and look forward to your pictures! Besides, this is your thread and I stepped on it a little.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:42 PM   #14
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Vicki,
What a beautiful pic! Wish we could be there to see it in person! Steve, I hope your mother is doing well. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Joy
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 07:35 PM   #15
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks, Joy. It is very much appreciated. She is home now and doing better. The immediate crisis, at least, is over for now.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:14 PM   #16
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Hey, Steve, my thread is your thread. I love a beautiful picture, too!
Old 07-19-2005, 02:26 PM   #17
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Judy and Steve, Both of you are posting such beautiful pictures, I am green with envy. Here we sit in Hemet @ 110 yesterday, 106 today and we can't go any place yet.
Steve, glad to hear your Mother is doing better.
Happy trails................keep the beautiful pictures coming.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 06:23 PM   #18
Montana_4027
Established Member

M.O.C. #4027
Judy~~
I just looked at your Blog with the Fresh Water Tank pictures!! That is incredable!! What are you going to do..... you don't have water now??! Has anyone else had that problem?!
Montana_4027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 08:33 PM   #19
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
It was pretty shocking, Danny & Steph. We don't have water in the fresh water tank (cause we don't have a fresh water tank) but we can still connect to the water spigot at the campground. We brought along two collapsible water jugs that hold about 10 gallons of water total so we could probably use that supply if we want to boondock. So far everything is working well with the water hookup. The dealer in Anchorage has ordered a new tank. Glen cut off the end of old water tank with all the connections per the dealer's request so that they would know where the hoses and electrical wires go. It's our understanding that they start with a generic tank and the old section will be their map of where to put the connections. Sure hope they can get it done in one day so we don't have to get a hotel. Greta likes her own bed.

I haven't heard of this happening to anyone else. We had a problem soon after we bought this fiver with many, many loose water connections. We think that someone went to lunch and didn't finish their job. Maybe securing the water tank was one of those jobs. When we started dry camping up here we carried a little more water in it and it just dropped out. Any tank that is properly secured should never drop out.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:27 AM   #20
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Sorry to hear about your "disaster" with the water tank. Congraulations on the excellent way you are handling the situation. Are you still under warranty? You rig looks like a newer one from the grapics. Even if you have passed the warranty period, I would put in a claim anyway, Keystone have been pretty good at making good on things that fail that should not have failed, even after the warranty period has passed.

Putting the tanks in the trailer is about the second or third operation on the production line. I hope your dealer in Anchorage can do the job quickly for you so that you do not lose too much time.

We continue to follow your adventures and really appreciate you posting your story. It will be very helpful to us when we make that trip, maybe next year?
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote