Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-07-2019, 05:36 PM   #1
Reeltirement

M.O.C. #20543
Lost in the WIND !

My outside speaker cover decided to Fly away on our last trip, any ideas where I can get a replacement unit without going to keystone? Rig 3721RL, Thanks cj

Reeltirement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 05:57 PM   #2
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
Maybe Amazon?

https://www.amazon.com/outdoor-rv-sp...=p_89%3AJensen
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 06:50 PM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Trekwood.com, but it won't be the cheapest.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 04:39 AM   #4
goodellj
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20452
Whenever I need a part for my Montana, I determine the correct name and/or part number by searching for it on Trekwood, Camping World, etc, or even the operating manual if I have one. Once I have it I search on Amazon and I am often pleasantly surprised to find it listed and even with Prime free shipping. I also google the item by part number if I can't find it.
6.7L V-8 diesel, 6-sp automatic, 3.55 axle ratio
goodellj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 07:04 AM   #5
Reeltirement

M.O.C. #20543
Lost in the WIND !

Thanks for all your help Amazon and the Internet are amazing wish they were around 40 years ago when we drag raced and needed parts.
Reeltirement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 10:52 AM   #6
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
Probably cheaper to buy new speakers, besides those speakers are garbage (as is the Jensen Stereo),the the speakers are a standard size replace the speakers assuming you even use them. I am doing that now
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 12:28 PM   #7
CADman_KS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25060
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsout View Post
Probably cheaper to buy new speakers, besides those speakers are garbage (as is the Jensen Stereo),the the speakers are a standard size replace the speakers assuming you even use them. I am doing that now
Some of the marine speakers used on boats are really nice right now. Not sure that it's going to help, though to have nice speakers with the Jensen head unit. Not the greatest stereo out there for sure...
CADman_KS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 01:09 PM   #8
mootana
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15746
Jensen Stereo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsout View Post
Dear Lightsout,
I'm sorry to hear you feel that way about the Jensen stereo. I'd be interested in why you feel the Jensen stereo is garbage. You are welcome to post the information or send me a PM.

Thanks
Old 11-13-2019, 01:12 PM   #9
mootana
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeltirement View Post
My outside speaker cover decided to Fly away on our last trip, any ideas where I can get a replacement unit without going to keystone? Rig 3721RL, Thanks cj
Reeltirement,
I might be able to help. I've sent you a private message.
Old 11-14-2019, 06:29 AM   #10
3 fingers
Established Member

M.O.C. #21909
Check with Crutchfield.com. They may have or switch both out. They have a real big selection of speakers and audio equip..
3 fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 06:44 AM   #11
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Quote:
Originally Posted by mootana View Post
Dear Lightsout,
I'm sorry to hear you feel that way about the Jensen stereo. I'd be interested in why you feel the Jensen stereo is garbage. You are welcome to post the information or send me a PM.

Thanks

Let me add this about our Jensen - It's junk in comparison to dozens of other much better stereo units at the same price. The ONLY thing IMO that it has going for it is that it includes a DVD player and has 3 speaker zones - which in ours the DVD player works only if we are crossed by a miracle star. Then there is that dinky, non intuitive remote that sometimes works (yes, the battery has been replaced)
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 03:17 PM   #12
paulinbaja
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14041
There are RV junkyards around.
paulinbaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 03:21 PM   #13
CADman_KS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
...Then there is that dinky, non intuitive remote that sometimes works (yes, the battery has been replaced)
...and the phone app is TOTAL crap. Doesn't display right on my phone, and I have to RECONNECT BT every time I want to use it.

Do we anyone actually use the three zones? I could see two, inside / outside, but I don't see three...
Old 11-15-2019, 04:53 AM   #14
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADman_KS View Post
...and the phone app is TOTAL crap. Doesn't display right on my phone, and I have to RECONNECT BT every time I want to use it.

Do we anyone actually use the three zones? I could see two, inside / outside, but I don't see three...

Forgot Bluetooth lack of use - phone connection is useless nor will it connect to my earphones which to me is more important when I get up at 0500, want to watch what mayhem/weather happened overnigt and my wife is still sleeping.
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 05:32 AM   #15
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
if these are jensen you can just order some cheap speakers and replace the who thing for around $20

Look at etrailer, they have speaker covers.

and you can't go through Keystone, they will just refer you to a dealer.
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 07:36 AM   #16
mootana
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15746
Bluetooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
Forgot Bluetooth lack of use - phone connection is useless nor will it connect to my earphones which to me is more important when I get up at 0500, want to watch what mayhem/weather happened overnigt and my wife is still sleeping.
I'm sorry the bluetooth is not connecting to your phone. The bluetooth connection is intended for communication between the radio and your phone. Allowing you to play music from your phone. Never was it intended to connect to headphones. That connection would be between your phone and headphones.
Old 11-15-2019, 07:38 AM   #17
mootana
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15746
I'm sorry for your issues. What model and year is your Montana? Did you submit the problem to a dealer or Keystone?
Old 11-15-2019, 07:45 AM   #18
CADman_KS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25060
Quote:
I'm sorry the bluetooth is not connecting to your phone. The bluetooth connection is intended for communication between the radio and your phone. Allowing you to play music from your phone. Never was it intended to connect to headphones. That connection would be between your phone and headphones.
That's great that it's INTENDED connect to your phone. Connect to your phone does NOT mean make that connection EVERY TIME that you want to use it. BT devices should remember the connections that they've made, and reconnect the next time without having to reestablish BT connection every time.

The app on certain on phones, I have a Pixel 3, is absolutely unusable. I can only see about the opt 1/4 of the bottom row of buttons, so using them is almost impossible, because you can't touch them that precisely.

All-in-all, the whole BT connection and app need a TON of work to be usable...
Old 11-15-2019, 08:18 AM   #19
mootana
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15746
Jensen Stereo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADman_KS View Post
That's great that it's INTENDED connect to your phone. Connect to your phone does NOT mean make that connection EVERY TIME that you want to use it. BT devices should remember the connections that they've made, and reconnect the next time without having to reestablish BT connection every time.

The app on certain on phones, I have a Pixel 3, is absolutely unusable. I can only see about the opt 1/4 of the bottom row of buttons, so using them is almost impossible, because you can't touch them that precisely.

All-in-all, the whole BT connection and app need a TON of work to be usable...
That is great information. I will provide that feedback to ASA/Jensen. Is there a model on the radio in your fifth wheel? That would help me, help them narrow down the issue and see if it's been resolved. Sometime issues can be resolved by flashing your stereo with an update.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:56 AM   #20
CADman_KS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25060
Quote:
That is great information. I will provide that feedback to ASA/Jensen. Is there a model on the radio in your fifth wheel? That would help me, help them narrow down the issue and see if it's been resolved. Sometime issues can be resolved by flashing your stereo with an update.
We have the JWM70A in our unit. It's a 2020...